WTB - Bolt for Cleveland Welding Fork

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by MaxGlide, Sep 23, 2009.

1. MaxGlide

MaxGlide Member

Hello all,

I have a set of Cleveland Welding, pre-war, Shockmaster forks and I am missing the bolt that affixes the lower fork arm to the upper part of the fork. It 's half threaded and half, bushing with a hole in the end for a cotter pin.

Any ideas on who might have one?

Here is the pic of the bolt and where it goes.

Thanks..... Wayne

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009

2. Elmo

Elmo Member

bolt

Any competent machinest can make one for you. Try your local machine shop.
    Yellowpages. Very interesting fork.
    Elmo

3. MaxGlide

MaxGlide Member

Machinist and option

Thanks Elmo,

I have an excellent machinist here..... problem is to custom make on is about $120 plus chroming it I want.

However, he and I came up with a cost effective solution.

He is going to take a 3/4 inch shoulder bolt and machine down the thread to a 3/8 with proper pitch and I can chrome or paint it.

Wayne

4. Foximus

Foximus Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  5. MaxGlide

MaxGlide Member

Great site!!

Thanks Foximus,

That is a great site and I can ALMOST get what need.

The only dimension I cannot get seems to be length of the shoulder, which I need to be .625 of an inch. Everything they offer is over one inch long. Otherwise it was good.

Wayne

6. Foximus

Foximus Member

You looked in hex heads. Look under allen heads.

Here is a part number for one with a 5/8" (0.625") shoulder length, at 1/2 shoulder diameter and 3/8" - 16 thread.

90298A709
    That is for 3-18 stainless... you can also buy higher grade 316 and 416 stainless, but double the price.

7. Foximus

Foximus Member

And yes... that is a GREAT site. I cannot express how awesome it is. You can find anything you will ever need ever ever ever to build anything.

8. MaxGlide

MaxGlide Member

Thanks again...

Yes I saw the allen head but the original one I have is hex and I would like to keep to the original as much as possible.

I can always get a longer bolt and have a machinist cut it down and cut the threads to spec.

Cheers..... Wayne

9. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Make one...Buy bolt and drill hole if needed, And Lowes has a wide assortment of bushings. If no luck a auto starter repair shop has a mega amount of bushings of all sizes.

10. MaxGlide

MaxGlide Member

Found a solution

Hi Al,

I will simply get a shoulder bolt from Home Depot with a 3/4 inch hex head and have a machinist rethread it to the proper size and drill a hole in the end.

Thanks... Wayne