Xtracycle and GEBE

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by turkeyssr, Apr 26, 2007.

1. turkeyssr

turkeyssr Guest

I had a wild thought. Would a GEBE work with an Xtracycle.com attachment. YES, it's expensive but the carrying capacity and design is pretty slick. I can't tell from the pictures if there would be enough clearance for the belt. I'm betting a piece of plywood would have to be used in place of the snap deck. In any case, if anyone knows someone that has one and can take measurements, I would appreciate it. Of course, I would want to use the panniers

2. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

The short answer is no.....

http://xtracycle.com/gallery.php

I have a basket and saddlebags along my center bar, plus my backpack. The two green packets are my dome tent (above) and tent poles (below).

[​IMG]

The 3 man dome tent was given to me, but IF I were to buy a tent, it would NOT be a dome, but there is a really compact PUPTENT available, which would take up hardly any space on the bike.

Back to xtracycles. It is possible, and I have seen photos of arrangements on both sides of the rear tire, but the two halves are seperate/cut/installed on setups that use the bike frame and the GEBE motormount.

On my Florida trip, I came upon a retired couple on peddling two bikes, the husband pulling a small trailer, and the wife having a setup similar to the one in this pic:

[​IMG]

So, you could take those two detached packs she has on her front, and using drill and zip ties and ducttape, make it fit on the back.

3. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member