Yet another noobie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ahowell, Apr 4, 2010.

1. ahowell

ahowell New Member

Greetings from the flatlands of Darke County, Ohio, home of Annie Oakley and endless corn and soybean fields. My name is Allen and I am a VERY small Whizzer motorbike dealer near a small town called Hollansburg, OH.

Having always been interested in ANYTHING with two wheels and a motor since I was a kid, I became a Whizzer dealer about 4 years ago. I average about two units a year, so obviously I do this as a hobby and not as a source of income!

Seems the feud between 'Whizzer Industries' in Taiwan and 'Whizzer USA' still hasn't been resolved :confused:, and Whizzer USA has no more bikes to sell, so this brings me to this forum to look for alternatives.

I played with a cheap-o chinese two-stroke kit and put it on a bike about 5 years ago. It worked, but felt like I was riding an oversized chainsaw, as it was noisey, vibrated a good deal, and rather chintzy. So, I am looking for half-descent 4-stroke alternatives.

Currently, I am attempting to put a Whizzer engine on a 'RoadMaster Luxury Liner' reproduction bicycle, but first must find a wider pedal crank so the left pedal doesn't hit the flywheel & belt cover studs, so if anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Meanwhile, I'll snoop on the forum for other available kits and ideas.

I must be off...
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010

2. gothicguy64

gothicguy64 Member

3 things
    see sick bike parts for a wider crank
    an could u post a pic of ur bike

3. ahowell

ahowell New Member

See attached for photo of stock bike, and what converted bike would look similar to.

Attached Files:

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome :)
    do you know either Mike Simpson or Quenton Guenther ???
    they are both well known in the Whizzer community and started a company making 4stroke kits approx 1.5 years ago
  5. ahowell

ahowell New Member

I have read some post from Quenton just a few days ago. He seems VERY knowledgable in the Whizzer engines and I have glanced at his web site already - I guess I need to take a closer look at what he has.

I see you are a dealer for his engine kits. I would consider it also, but Ohio is very picky at what they consider a moped. To register a moped, it must be on the 'approved' list, and I don't believe the EZ Motorbike is there yet. If it was, I would consider being a dealer for them also.

Thanks for the greeting and the tip!