YikeBike too cool!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RogerS, Feb 18, 2010.

1. RogerS

RogerS Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010

2. seanhan

seanhan Member

That's cool !!! see the little wheel in the back, kinda like the old time bikes from the late 1800's ...

3. Warner

Warner Member

Yike is right....what happens when you hit your first Chicago pothole? Can you say "Face-Plant"? :eek:

Warner

PS - I guess with a top speed of only 12 mph it's not that dangerous....with a 6 mile range until the battery runs out. And all of this for only around $2,500 US? How is this better than the currently available electric go-peds that are available for under $200?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  4. mabman

mabman Member

Looks like it would make a dandy hood ornament on some taxi. Not quite as ridiculous as the Sewgay but close.

5. Warner

Warner Member

6. mabman

mabman Member

Probably? More than likely I would say. It just makes me cringe to see investment capital dumped in to these things that really make no sense because there are comparable products that are much cheaper. Just the money alone that Sewgay used to lobby with to get laws in states changed to be favorable for their design would be enough to get something that would really be of benefit. Like a specifically designed for bicycle use motor and drivetrain.

Angel investors needed!

7. professor

professor Active Member

Well said Mabman, Seg. has yet to make a profit, from what I understand.
    That ridiculous little wheeler from NZ looks much more dangerous than a razor scooter.

8. taylorinalaska

taylorinalaska New Member

It said between 3500-3900 euros, and that converts to about $5000.

9. Flapdoodle

Flapdoodle Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  10. Warner

Warner Member

You sure? I thought it was in New Zealand currency. I could be wrong....but in either case, WAY too much money....

Warner

11. tom80

tom80 New Member

You could easily make your owen gas powered with a rc car motor friction drive like a goped. I just might try it to see how it works

12. taylorinalaska

taylorinalaska New Member

Its in Euros, NZ uses '$' symbol. Also, it converts to almost 7,000$ for New Zealanders. :veryangry:

This isn't a product that you will see on every corner, the price seals its fate.

Plus it isn't being sold im the US I don't believe? It doesn't say so on the site anyways.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  13. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

Very cool, but way overpriced for a 6 mile range!

14. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I bet Bill Gates has 5 of 'em, Just to get coffee in the morning! LOL!