Yo, Its da Jax!

Jax Rhapsody

Local time
6:51 AM
I hail from the dirty south Louisville, KY. Right now I dont have any motorbike. I have this wierd trike I was thinking of putting the engine of my 05 Kinetic TFR on. WOuld like to find a scooter drivetrain with a 3speed tranny to go along with the trikes 3speed coaster brake for some serious gear ratios and to keep from damaging the trikes diff.

The trike of which I will tr and get some pictures of after this post. its got a limited slip differential on it and I havent figured out what to do with it, so I'm considering motorizing it. maybe having it stretched to be a 2seater. Its gonna be straight up motorized though, no pedal to pedal unless I use the moped drivetrain.

Attachments

• Trike 004.jpg
    Trike 004.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Trike 003.jpg
    Trike 003.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Trike 005.jpg
    Trike 005.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Trike 008.jpg
    Trike 008.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Hi Jax. Welcome to MBc!
I can see your vision. Go for it.

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Thanks for the comments. I have no idea who made the trike. Its been spray painted, I guess by whoever had stole it before the kids I bought it from had it. It seems to have a sticker on it like most modern bikes have but I'm not sure if removing the paint would damage the sticker.

The original plan which might stay in the equation is it was going to be a lowrider trike. I was and still is giong to turn this old Radio flyer wagon(which using a certain dolly design I seen when working @ UPSWorldport, may have aws) into a trailor so it can pull my Kawasaki bmx lowrider bike. In the plan it was gonna have a springer front end. But now I want bigger wheels so Im thinking beach cruiser style in the rear and narrow roadbike style wheel in the front. All I know is its probably a industrial trike. The diff is probably too delicate(even though its a heavy duty trike) for alot of power. Because I dont know if its a clutch type or gear type along with I dont know how rare parts are, I'm not gonna take it apart to find out. Another reason I probably couldn't drift it unlike a car, it will cut power with the slightest turn probably. Plans call for either a CVT or one of those 2/3 speed semi-automatic moped/scooter transmissions in aid with the 3/2 speed coaster brake it has. With the latter I could have insane gear ratios and could probably tow a Ford Festiva with it.

I like that recumbant style trike that guy made. Theres a company that rents bikes out over here at waterfont park and you can buy these things to from the websiteWheel Fun Rentals and they have a trike similar to his accept single drive wheel, no gears. If you like bike drifting just search for it on youtube, I wanna learn that so bad. On a related note I have a Schwiin that would make a nice motorbike, its a World Tourist. The special thing about this rare bike is that the sprag unit is the crank, not the wheel.

Last edited:
Back