you guys are probably going to laugh at me but...

LOL yeah.. My Kayla would need one 4 times that size.. and even then, she wouldnt be able to turn around in it.

Need a small horse trailer, I think. Or mabye some rollerskates for the mastiff. :D

Put the front wheel on a swivel, like an over-sized swivel castor, or use the front fork/wheel from a 10-12 inch child's bike. That way, you could keep the 'T' shaped wheel alignment, have weight bearing support on the front, but have a rigid tongue, which will track much better than a wagon at 20 MPH. It's also easier to back up. I would go no wider than 3 feet outside dimensions on the rear wheels (30 inches would be better,) and use 20 to 26 inch bike wheels for the two rear wheels. In addition, have the floor of the trailer below the axles of the rear wheels - maybe 6 inches ground clearance or so. This will make the trailer much more stable.

Attachments

• 3-Wheel-Trailer.JPG
    3-Wheel-Trailer.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Another way!

They would like the excersise I would think.

Win Win!

Dude! The Dog Whisperer!DogSCesarMilan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't know mastiffs very well. ;) ;) ;)

I know that if I hooked my English mastiff up to one of those, I wouldn't be going anywhere very quickly, as my dog would plop down on the ground and go to sleep. In a given day of mastiff-powered travel, I'd reckon to guess that I would spend mabye 15-20 minutes actually going anywhere.. and those few minutes would only be when a doorbell is heard or a cat passes in front of the path.

Here is what mine looks like most of the time:
http://www.piratepathy.com/photo/Other/2007-01-30 - Doggie Pics/slides/PICT2338.JPG

http://www.piratepathy.com/photo/Other/2007-01-30 - Doggie Pics/slides/PICT2328.JPG

Last edited:
One thing I would warn about with trying to make bicycle wagons out of "utility" wagons--is that many times, the utility wagon wheels do not have very good bearings in them, and it may not be easy to put any better bearings in yourself. When the wheels are spun fast they tend to "rattle" on the loose bearings.
~

yeah, im here, ive been reading everyones posts.
ive decided to get a garden wagon ( easily available at harbor freight up the road) and make a canopy, to shield the sun

Back