"you should do this..."

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gone_fishin, Jul 12, 2007.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

have you heard this one?

i know, they get excited. but do you get the guy who thinks it totally cool to handle the bike, twist the throttle, check the springs, flex the fenders?

hey, man, this is my ride, keep your hands off her 'til it's cool. if it was a nice car or motorcycle, would you lay hands on? i highly doubt it. would you sit and preach to the owner about how you know more about the sh*t than he does? hardly.

how about "you should do this" or "i'll tell you what you have to do"... :x :lol: :lol:

tell you what, those ideas sound great, come check out the forum & build your own, dagnabbit!

take me, & my MotoredBike, seriously :p

i feel better 8)

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

yup...posers are everywhere :x
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

this is what I hear...."Man, you need to paint Rusty." ...to which I answer..."Should I color my hair & beard, too? :lol:

here's one.... a trucker, at work the other day ask me if he could ride my bike....I said sure....if I can drive your truck!! (for real!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's just say I did not get to drive his truck. :x :lol: :lol:

Edit...this one trucker was taking a bunch of pics of Rusty, with his phone and Talking to his brother about nephew's B-day present....so.....he got a test ride. Mile-wide grin when he got back!!
  4. beach cruzin

beach cruzin Guest

i second that notion :lol:
  5. Yeah I get two kinds of positive gawkers around boston

1) poor guys who want a better commute to work.

2) yuppies who are impressed that I get 3x the gas mileage their prius gets.
  6. Same thing different approach

HI, I'm out, with my 08 Racer, and the Ninnies will say, "Man that thing is gonna be soooo coll when you get it painted" HUH????? Engineering, dreaming building, riding, improving and it's "GOING" to be cool, IF I do what they say?

Ok, maybe I'M Crazy???

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

8. sounds like they are just at a loss for words so they say whatever redonkulous comment comes to mind - you left them speechless, they should have just stayed that way. not every moped has to be bright red... :p
  9. minibiker

minibiker Guest

i get the same way about my bike some idiot kid hopped on mine and went for a ride i chased him down and decked him i got kicked out of school for the rest of the year (totally worth it)
  10. I think that was unfair. That kid ran off with your bike. Let's see someone do that to your principal's car.
    Did the other kid get in trouble?
  11. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I had some freaking idiot walk up to my bike parked outside the Harbor Bar today. He opened the cap on the reserve gas tank. He was unpleasantly surprised when gas started gushing out. (The fuel runs from the main tank down into the reserve tank and is then drawn up into the carb). The reseve tank has to be sealed. Of course, he didn't reef down on the cap when replacing it (wich is required to reseal it), so there was gas everywhere (probably about 10 miles worth). What on earth (or whatever planet he's from) could he possibly have been thinking? Would he consider it cool if I got in his car and rolled the windows up and down and checked out the radio, etc? I'm just a little ticked off.
  12. WOW, the nerve of some people they just are not smart to enough to leave things alone but then he was probably one of those that thought he knew all there was to know and was doing you a favor.

You should have returned the favor by cleaning that waxy buildup off his car with an SOS pad.:lol:
  13. azbill

azbill Active Member

too funny :lol:
  14. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Thanks. That improved my attitude. I rarely go after revenge until I'm ready to use the "nuclear option", and I hate dealing with the police. But sheesh, what an idiot. I'll choose to look at it from the point of view of being thankful that I wasn't born that dumb.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2007
  15. beast775

beast775 Guest

hahaha that made me laugh

im gonna have to remember that,would have been nice to hear them screaming after fuel sprayed in there eyes!ive had 2 bicycles stolen in 3 mnths they were locked up not worth nothin but still com on.one day one of them will have 2 deal with me,not fun...........now i know why people touch other peoples stuff there just dumb.
  16. minibiker

minibiker Guest

no they thought i acted "irrationaly" what a load i pour my heart and soul in that bike and some idiot kid just made a stupid move and i was "irrational" :(
  17. I bet if he saw a hole in the wall and a handle,he would lose his finger for shure.
  18. I should tack weld an extension cord to a plug..just one wire to my bike. Then when I park my bike by a light post,I plug her in to the socket.
    I bet no one would touch my bike...twice....anymore. :evil:
  19. Scottm

Scottm Guest

While my bike was warming up the otherday. I was putting on my helmet, attaching a water bottle, a neighbor puled up and rolled down his window. He hollered "That thing still works?"
    You know me Mr. Smiles. I'll admit he hurt my feelings a little. I said it will run forever if I take care of it. I have to check all the nuts and bolts before and after each ride.
    Then he said "Oh, like an old Harley". I smiled and said yeah.
    I do wish I had a sign for it that said "Caution Hot!" for when I go into stores, cause i figure someone will want to touch it. I came out of a gas station the other day and a homeless man was just about to start petting it. We talked for about 5 minutes until he asked for some money.
  20. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I havent had anyone wanting to go for a test drive yet - and luckily the engine on mine is cased so you cant get to the hottest parts...

I have had the odd 75 year old wandering up and starting one of those 'when I was in the war' stories about how they used to have bikes like mine about 40 odd years ago now, and how it looks like things have moved on... he was pleased to see it - although I think I confused him a little...

99% of the time other road users are fine with it, although the odd bus driver does try to force me off the road on general principle.. they have now decided in their infinate wisdom that buses have priority to anything on the road, and some of the more psychotic drivers have a tendency to think that includes anything from pushchairs on up... :-x

Jemma xx