Your goal posts have to be inline with reality.

This ain't about you. Kid just came in asking about a p85 build with a 500 dollar budget, before that a young man with 4 grand burning a hole in his pocket wanted to go 80mph with an am6.

Others could tell you similar stories. Your project will come out fine.
My mistake then. Just worded very similar to a reply you posted in my handlebar thread. Carry on lol.

No problems, told the p85 kid the same thing: move the goalposts. Kid kept saying "not enough power"

I've moved the goal posts many times on my projects just to get something finished. If you look hard enough I started posting here trying to make a series hybrid e bike with a huasheng 142. I have a giant mtb frame ( size not brand) and made mounts for the generator before I gave up and threw a two stroke on it. Took the two stroke off it because on clearance issues with the chain stays. Got it running though. You'll find that build too. I got the mtb running good as a regular bike though. Still a massive frame but the fit is dialed in.

The shifter bike I'm working on needs the final chain cut and a problem with the seat fixed but its basically done.

No problems, told the p85 kid the same thing: move the goalposts. Kid kept saying "not enough power"

I've moved the goal posts many times on my projects just to get something finished. If you look hard enough I started posting here trying to make a series hybrid e bike with a huasheng 142. I have a giant mtb frame ( size not brand) and made mounts for the generator before I gave up and threw a two stroke on it. Took the two stroke off it because on clearance issues with the chain stays. Got it running though. You'll find that build too. I got the mtb running good as a regular bike though. Still a massive frame but the fit is dialed in.

The shifter bike I'm working on needs the final chain cut and a problem with the seat fixed but its basically done.
So far I have not had to move the goalposts, but I have had to play around with a couple different ideas on how I want to go about doing certain things. I am going to be running lights and a battery and had originally planned to mount the battery on a rack under the seat, but after getting the seat and the rack realized the seat is too low to accommodate the rack, and I don’t want to put the seat higher for aesthetics, so I’m probably going to hose clamp the battery to the frame under the seat.

Back