Your thoughts on Bill Clinton bailing out Obama in N korea

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by give me vtec, Aug 4, 2009.

1. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

Well... it was a good thing old slick willy was there wipe Obama's a** or those two girls would have had a long 12 years. What do you think he gave to have them released.

Heard they were sent over there by a company owned by Al Gore... think there is any truth to that, any connection?

2. scokes

scokes Member

Reminds me of Carter trying to bail out Clinton's a$$. Even though it didn't work, I guess he's just trying to return the favor.

3. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

No big deal.

Kim Jong Mentally Il gets a photo op with a former US President, and Clinton gets to cover up the Lewinsky Legacy with saving two dimwitted lib "reporters".

I think it's funny that people that illegally cross over into N. Korean territory, or Iranian territory are immediately caught and punished whereas people that cross over into American territory are given entitlement benefits and are often found protesting in front of government buildings demanding more.
  4. scokes

scokes Member

AMEN, Brother!
  5. give me vtec

Yep... problem #1 in our country. You nailed it.

After a while of protesting in front of the building they usually find their way into the building. Then find their way into the house, senate, presidency, and soon to be supreme court.
  6. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

arceeguy--Amen brother.

7. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

The main difference is that other countries see people who enter without authorization as "intruders" to be punished. American politicians see them as "potential voters", and they need to be "kissed up" to.

For the record, I've got no problems with people coming here when they have the proper paperwork. I encourage it!
  8. scokes

scokes Member

But then they wouldn't be "illegal" aliens. America was founded by immigrants so I must agree with you there...

9. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

The folks who come here legally usually have a job and are productive, contributing members to the republic. Not to say that some illegals don't work hard, but they circumvent the tax system that we all pay in to and tend to take advantage of social programs. The companies that employ them should also be punished.
  10. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

within the current administration illegal aliens are now referred to as undocumented workers
  11. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Quite honestly, I don't see that Clinton "saved Obama" in this case, at all. Not a presidential obligation to bail out lawbreakers in a foreign country - not legally, ethically, or morally.

The only ones saved here were the idiots who illegally entered NK and got arrested for it, as they should be. They should have been left to face the music.

Frankly, we don't need immigration reform in this country at all - what we need is immigration enforcement. Bring our soldiers home from Iraq, transfer them to the Border Patrol, along with all of their equipment, and enforce the laws currently on the books. There are a whole heck of a lot of border communities who'd absolutely love the tax revenue and cash infusions from a local "migra" base with a couple hundred people doing their stint in the service.
  12. give me vtec

I agree with you on everything but Obama's a s s gettin saved. If Bill wouldn't have stepped in what do you think would have happened to those two girls... granted they should have gotten what was coming to them. Do you think Hillary would have gotten them out, do you think Obama could have? If those two Americans would have been sent to prison camps while Obama either couldn't or wouldn't help them it would have been a major blow to his already weak international image. Domestically what faith could we have had in our president protecting any of us.
  13. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Not to be racist or sexist, but I don't think Kim Jong Mentally Il would deal with a woman or a black person. That's why slick Willy was taken out of cold storage.

Note that nobody is questioning what those reporters were actually doing on the border. It was reported that they were investigating "human trafficking" when they crossed over into NK territory. (gee, wouldn't that be considered "spying"?) I say let the professionals that are equipped to spy do the spying.

Now we have those "hikers" that wandered into Iran.

We need to stop making deals to free idiotic Americans that play with fire.
  14. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

They were reporters from "current TV" a left wing, money losing cable news channel. Al Gore is one of the founders of the sinking network. (At least his other invention - The intarweb, is a little more successful.)

I heard a report this morning that the North Korean Military had warned them several times about crossing the border before detaining them.
  15. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

First of all, vtec, it isn't the presidents job to protedt us as individuals. Not properly any portion of the role one assumes with that office, and it is such mis-informed misunderstandings of just what the President's job is that have, in part, led us to the sorry place we as a nation have descended to.

The President's job is described in the Oath of Office
    The Constitution, in Article II, Section 1, Clause One, and Article II, Sections 2 and 3 in their entirety delineates Presidential rights/powers/and responsibilities. Nowhere is mentioned protecting any individual citizen, especially not when they break the law in a foreign land.

Having unreasonable expectations and making unreasonable demands upon the office and the person in the office is a large part of why the system of checks and balances this nations government was designed around has failed - it tacitly cedes to the executive powers and duties not properly his.

I wish I had some hope it might occur, but I do not - people need to grow the F U C K up, and quit expecting to be rescued when they place themselves in peril through deliberate idiocy.
  16. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

17. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Simon,If some one drops thier pants and backs into a spinning fan why do they feel it's some one elses job to patch them up?
    If that happened when we were young, a crowd would have formed and they all would have said look at the dumb ***. Now everybody feels a need to be part of the cure.

18. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

arceeguy,, Al's reporters get "caught" at the border. Bill shows up to "rescue" them.
    Now the US and NK will start talking.

Is this just me or is there a farm nearby because I smell sh8t.

19. give me vtec

You are right... It isn't the presidents responsibility to protect me personally like it isn't his job to buy me a car or house. I don't expect the president to personally come out to my house with a gun and stand by the door... so in that sense you are correct. However, as the commander-in-chief of the military it is his job to protect all of us from enemies both foreign and domestic. In this role I believe he is failing miserably on both fronts. This episode only degrades and erodes his image internationally as well as with people here at home. So in part his job is to maintain a strong image to deter people like kim jong il from taking Americans hostage and holding them ransom, second if they are taken it is his job to get the Americans back and put the smack down so hard that nobody wants to try and take another hostage for a couple of decades or so. He has failed miserably in both accounts and this doesn't even consider the domestic enemies... which we will save for another discussion.
  20. give me vtec

sorry guys Obama is a *****... He kisses the united arab emirates *** all over the middle east. He sucks up to hugo, vladimir, castro, and all the other dictator types. When things get hot here politically he just throws another victim in front of the bus... rev wright, gates, acorn, ayers, Bush, (insert name here). A US shipping cargo vessel gets hijacked by like five Somali pirates, he stumbles then takes the credit for the work of a couple of kick *** snipers. Iran has a totally rigged election and subsequent riot he doesn't even react for like a week. Two Americans get hijacked (albeit under shady circumstances) and he does nothing except take credit. Now that Obamacare is failing he sends out congressman and women to take the arrows, and when that didn't work he is sending out the mob unions and propagandists. My question is this, when is it time for this guy to stand up and take credit for his actions... it's like cause and effect was never part of the radical communist education.