Your Username: What does it mean??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fastboy9, Mar 12, 2008.

1. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

Some of your nicknames have got me thinking, what does that mean? I'm sure each one has a story behind it. Mines Fastboy, this came around from my love of all machines that go fast! The word was actually a cheat from an old Playstation game I used to play, then I thought it was kinda cool so used it for my email address and it just kinda stayed.

Some of them are pretty obvious like Large Fillipino, but others like Eltaterto and Augidog, where did they come from?

So whats your story?:???::grin:

2. Zev0

Zev0 Member

I saw a big semi driving down Interstate 5 in Northern California. It had the name ZEVO in big blue letters. I said to myself, Self, that's a cool name. So I'm now known as Zev0.

Stewart

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

some 25 years ago, the machine shop i worked in hired a college-boy-efficiency-expert (hah!)..."lance" (i swear it.. "lance")...since i was low man at the time, he had someone to pick on...it started in the breakroom..."man, lee...lance sure treats you like a dog" and we ran with it, he was so hilarious in his self-importance...by the end of the week i was "lee-dog", and we'd roar in laughter...someone brought up the cartoon "augie doggy & doggy daddy"...soon, i was "augie" in real life, have been for a long time now.

when i discovered the internet at the amazing speed of 2.4kbps and found out i needed a username for everything, "augidog" made his first appearance :cool:

btw-some of your explainations may be TMI for family-friendly, please be cool ;)

4. mshagg

mshagg New Member

Essentially a computer generated composite of my given names and surname. mshagg was an auto generated username by a school/uni/work computer and ive stuck with it for logons and email addys ever since.

Not much of a username but its handy having the same one everywhere i go in cyberspace.

5. Simonator

Simonator Guest

My last name is Simon. One day somoene called me Simonator.

6. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

tryin to remember here..... back when i got my 1st xbox, (in 6th grade im in 8th now) me n my friend were watching ron white. (ron white fans know where this is going) and he says his sons name is tater-tot and his is tater salad. el was cause my dad had an el camino. cause on xbox live tatertot was taken. so then we came up with eltatertoto. fronounced tAto ah, like say ahh. el-tater-ta-toe so that stuck. that is my same on everything sept email, and yahoo.

7. When I was little I discovered I was Filipino. And then I discovered that I was Large. And then I cried.

8. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

My username is also a result of my past, I breed and raised beagles for many years.
    The pic I use for my icon was my last beagle, "Blue" I lost him to a cager accident and it is my way of remembering him always.

9. mtbforlife

mtbforlife Member

mine stands for (motor bikes for life) no real history behind it. just thaught i would share it with you all!!!!!!

10. mickey

mickey Guest

Mickey is one of my nicknames, the least used one actually. I post on political blogs under a different handle using my more commonly used nickname, but since I knew I was going to be giving personal info on this site (my city and even my photo), I didn't want to use that one, lest the political crazies put 2 and 2 together.

11. kerf

kerf Guest

Kerf is just my name, Clyde Q. Kerf III. Hard to believe there could be more than one.

12. Jim H

Jim H Guest

I use JimH because it's shorter than Jimmie Lee Harris, Jr. (southern roots)

13. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Well I have a few nicknames, but the one onb here comes from a long time ago back when I dressed like the OldSchool punk That I am. This is back when I had the 10" blue mohawk, spiked leather jacket, tore up or pegged levis, and big black boots; and when society had yet to come to acceptance with this style, this music; when it was not uncommon to get jumped by 7 big guys on one little guy. Restaraunts would refuse service, city buses would drive by and glare as they passed you by (standing in the cold and wet to get home). I just want you to understand that. When my friend had a child (much too young) I became known as uncle punk. We just started saying that and laughed'cause it was just amusing to us. Since then almost all of my nieces and nephews, and my friend's children, well they all just call me uncle punk, or punk for short.

14. Karamil

Karamil Guest

Well Karamil Barr is the name of the first Shaman i created to wander the lands of Norrath ...

**looks around the room*****

What?

15. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Name's Van. I live in Alaska.

IMG_2485_1.jpg

16. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

Some great response! thanks guys! Large that was too funny!

17. graucho

graucho Active Member

graucho 'grrr ouch ho' Working in my garage, project not going so good. My 3 yr old grandson sees me crabby and goes back in the house. My daughter asks him whats wrong? gwamps is a grauchie old ******. Need I say more?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  18. Hollywood

Hollywood Guest

Hollywood, Is a nickname i have had for about 50 years because of my 50's - 60's mens hair style i have.

19. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Hough- my last name, pronounced "hoe"

Made- obvious

HoughMade- sounds like....you know, and applies to my favorite things in life.

20. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Well mine comes from an old British sitcom call Red Dwarf
    That's where the RD comes from. Kryton was one of the main characters of the show. Actually his name was Kryten but I spelled it wrong. lol I kept it anyway even though it was spelled wrong. RdKryton

Jim