Zomby Zack

Finally got it all together now. Drove it down to the lake, & buried the speedo. (40 mph) I was really suprised. Not even broken in yet, so ought to do at least 45 or so after a couple of tanks. Just a Chinese 49cc with a velocity stack, better exhaust, & a torque converter.

I put a solo seat on for now, but have a custom bannana being upholstered. It will be ready next week.

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

different strokes for different folks but I liked the solo seat better. The whole bike is fantastic though.
Doc

Solo Seat

I like the solo better too. After riding the bannana, I couldn't get it back far enough. Solos back. Anybody need a custom leather bannana seat? Live to Ride.

amazing work
how much for the bike?? lol
it is that good
HATS OFF to ya
HEY , how 's the cvt working?? I cant find 1 up here in canada for under $225 . $75 would be a sweetheart of a deal if it held up to the application.
thanks in advance
~Haggard~

Last edited by a moderator:
Cvt

I have 50 miles on the bike now. The back drum brake is a joke. I might as well just put my feet down. It is off a tandam bike so you would think it would be OK. Wrong... I will switch it to a disk. The front disk is incredible. The CVT works like a dream. You can get one online for less than 80.00 but the sprocket that comes on them is I think a #35. (too small teeth...) I took the sprocket to a machine shop & got a guy to machine all the teeth off it & mig weld a regular (#42 I believe) to the ouitside of it leaving only the center of the original in place. This is how I made the sprocket for Zena too. All the Chinese tranys come with this same little toothed thing. I never trusted the size of those baby chains that they use. I took the cover off the CVT so I could observe the belt as I was driving it. Wow that thing really works... I was told by a guy that makes & sells gearboxes that a CVT was no good on a bicycle because they slip & rob you of hp. He might be right but this bike is faster off the line & has a higher top end than my other single speed. (Zena) It goes 35 mph easily & I had the speedo past the 40 about an inch - down a not so steep hill.

Oh by the way this bike is totally legal in CA. You hear such nightmare stories about trying to register home built or salvage vehicles here but for once THIS state did something right. They make it so easy to register, just download this form - fill it out - tell the truth now - send it to DMV with a one time 17.00 fee & they send you a license plate that never expires & a title. This is how all states should do it.

View attachment reg230.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not to bad. I have got a ticket. im just going to get it registered now, just so that cant say anything out here. i live in silicone valley so i dont want them to have any excuse to pull me over... see my plate and keep it movin....

Back