Zomby Zack

Finally got it all together now. Drove it down to the lake, & buried the speedo. (40 mph) I was really suprised. Not even broken in yet, so ought to do at least 45 or so after a couple of tanks. Just a Chinese 49cc with a velocity stack, better exhaust, & a torque converter.

I put a solo seat on for now, but have a custom bannana being upholstered. It will be ready next week.

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

NuVinci Hub

I decided rather than to build another bike, that I would rebuild this one. Bad rear brake, more HP motor. Make it better. So installed the NuVinci hub today . What a fit.. This thing went on like it was made to be there. Brake disk clears the license plate frame plate by about 5mm.. lined up perfect. Some days we all get Lucky...

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

The wrench at Performance Bicycle shop Oceanside CA - Chris - laced this on my 24 inch rim same day. They all wanted to see what this 11 pound hub was going on. That's right 11 pounds without the wheel or spokes.

I put a 22 tooth freewheel sprocket on the hub instead of the 16 it came with. With the CVT this set up should climb vertical, and have a pretty good top end. The motor will have 4.2 HP & rev to 12,000 rpm

Last edited by a moderator:
Unreal my friend, Hats off to ya'! If I had the means, probably exactly what I would have done. Unfortunately, I do not have the means or the money. Nice work once again!

Attachments

• Big eyes smiley.gif
    Big eyes smiley.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 523
NuVinci

I read the warranty, there is no mention of max h/p there, So here is an independant test site I suppose. I'm gonna ride it like I STOLE IT......

& Mr. NuVinci can honor his two Year warranty.

Pretty friggin sweet! I hope that hub holds up to the 4.5hp. I know they are only rated for 2 and it would be a shame to toast such a spendy hub. I also was surprised to hear it weighs that much...crazy!

Dan

Hold Up

It better hold up. I have a 2hp driven this same way to a 7 speed internal Nexus hub & have been waiting for the gears to munch on themselves. They haven't after 9 months. I don't speed shift it - if I did it would be toast. All motor power is not engaged when I shift it. The high gear is where the bike seems to be the most Comfortable. It will go up steep hills in low & feels like a tractor.

A freakin Tractor in Old Town..

I am demented too.

NuVinci Hub

This is the best thing I have done to a bike so far. This thing ROCKS... The low end is really low I can pedal up a very steep hill just like a mountain bike. The high end is also very high. I can pedal it still at 40 mph. It's like having a 21 speed bike with a motor driving all gears. The new motor had a racing clutch factory installed, it wouldn't even engage untill about 5000 rpms. I changed to lighter weight springs so now it engages at about 2500 rpms. This thing is quick! Almost can Wheelie. I'm taking it easy too. It's not broken in yet. After break in it will easily achieve 12,000 rpms. It is rated at 4.2 HP. Got the lights wired too.

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the old seat butter. But the new one gives it more of the lowrider look that rocks.
good job

Back