Official Zone8Cycling/Zone8Trading/RawPowerUSA Reviews

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Anton, Feb 6, 2009.

?

Please rate your experience with A2ZOnlineDeals: (You MUST post a review if you vote)

1. 5 - Excellent

28.6%
  2. 4 - Above Average

14.3%
  3. 3 - Average

42.9%
  4. 2 - Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 - Poor

14.3%
  1. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

Zone8Cycling Reviews:

Other Names: Zone8Trading, RawPowerUSA
    MBc Username: RAW, zone 8 RAW Motors (This member was banned from our site for creating multiple accounts and spamming their product)
    Ebay Username: rawpowerusa
    Products: Motorized Bicycle engine kits 2 stroke and 4 stroke, motorized bicycle parts

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009

2. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

Review of Zone8Cycling:

Product: Rawmotorsusa Kit, Picture on site match kit received. I thought I would be getting a black muffler and that only black were real EPA Certified even though the site shows a chrome muffler. At the time this was the cheapest seller I found, especially after the discount I found. I also liked the sweep of the muffler it fits right under the front tube. The front engine mounting bracket does not expect you to drill your frame.
    Customer Service: My throttle grip broke right after I installed it. Sent an email and they sent a new throttle grip, no questons asked and at no cost to me.
    Technical Service: Troubleshooting the website sends you to yet another website, which I know is not them. I sent them an email about an issue with the gas tank didn't expect or receive a response.
    Ordering: Simple and easy.
    Website: Site is pretty easy to navigate. As noted above the doc came from a different site, which in the contact info listed yet another site. The customer pics anre nice and real.

Overall: These folks sell stuff. If they have something I might buy it from them and am willing to bet it is going to be a a fair price, but that I will be on my own. After reading on a couple of sites issues with them, I thought they would charge me to replace the throttle, that was not the case."

3. BrettMavriK

BrettMavriK Member

I now have absolutely no faith in Zone8.
    Buyer Beware!!!

I received a kit from them which looked pretty good.
    This was not the case whatsoever.

After about 40 miles the motor completely seized up. Jim at Creative Engineering and I opened the case for inspection. we discovered one of the crank bearing seals was installed backward. I mean it was installed on the inside of the case, thus sealing the bearing from all lubrication. The bearing seized, the crank was warped, and the magneto was fused to the shaft. The motor was shot. This is clearly a defect from a stupid mistake made in assembly. I sent Zone8 FOUR EMAILS AN TWO PHONE MESSAGES, because they do not answer there phones. (now I know why)

I gave them a month to respond. NOTHING.
    Completely buried their heads in the sand.
    I'm out $150.00

My Advice:

BOYCOTT ZONE8 CYCLING.
    Don't ever anything from them ever!

Flat out..........THEY SUCK !!!!

'BrettMavriK

4. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I bought some parts from them. I got exactly what I ordered and was happy with my purchase. My only grip was that shipping took longer than from other vendors I've used in the past.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
  5. cspaur13

cspaur13 Member

bought my 80cc here. shipping was pretty good for being free..about 4-5 days. but when my crank rod broke and caused the piton to go in to the cylinder wall chipping the piston breaking the rings and gauging the cylinder wall. apparently the motor wasent under warrenty for that. but i was running 20:1. i still have 2 months on the warrenty. it says it covers unless its gas/oil seize.

6. Shadeslay

Shadeslay Member

I ordered my first engine from Zone 8. Packing was fine, shipping was decent, price was a little high, but they were one of the few that would ship to california. Engine ran great out of the box and I haven't had any issues with it other then the normal low grade bolts found on most of these kits. I've put about 500 miles on it so far.

7. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Member

Zone8Cycling Supporter

My very first motor was a 66cc RAW from Zone8, and it was a great motor! For my first install, I was surprised how simple it went together, and how well it performed right out of the starting gate. This was my learner motor, it was the one that didn't get maintained properly, got beat up and tore back from riding hard for hours a day from day one. I rode it heavy for 8 months or so until it got into a fight with a Jeep Cherokee. Broke two motor mount studs off inside the motor, broken beneath the mounts, and broke my exhaust manifold stud bolts off inside the manifold mounts. I continued to ride it in that state and it still held up and got me to where I needed to be on time.

This was the best motor I ever recieved, just an incredibly high quality build! Shipping was about 1.5 - 2 weeks, and I got it on a deal - 110$ free shipping. I joined their mailing list, and noticed that the 48cc was on sale for the same price I got my 66cc for the previous year. The only defective parts I've ever received were throttle grips that didn't hold up (which they sent me a new one of ASAP) and once the grips didn't match! But, I honestly think that might be due to them noticing a defective throttle and replacing it immediately.

Whether I am building a bike for myself, or building one for someone else it has got to be a RAW motor, the durability and quality are just spectacular. I wouldn't ever buy another brand. I've tried, and the results are just sub par.

8. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member