Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Hey fam, so this is it. Got the bike, she seems sturdy. Nice gear set, 7 speed shimano tourny gt, shimano revo grip shift, Power V Brakes. New, wider kevlar belted schwinn tires. Rides smooth but moves like a boat compared to what im used too. (23 inch, 21lbs, 56/16 bmx with flintstone style brakes) Ordering the engine/drivetrain kit now. Probably an HS 142/4G. Will have a pic of the bare bike up shortly, suggestions, advice, horror stories, and constructive criticism is greatly ecouraged. Game on people!
Hey all, I'm in the planning stages of a new build. Planning on a two wheel cargo bike with a flat rack between the pedals and the rear wheel. Going to use an older ezip frame as the donor and planning on mounting a Briggs right in front of the rear wheel. Not many details to give you yet, but let me know what you think. Going to start chopping and welding soon. Anyway, til next time...
Hi all! I just got my GEBE kit about 2 weeks ago. And I've got to say, I love it! My bike is a 1995(96?) Garry Fisher Marlin mountain bike. It was my fathers who is 6'4", and I'm 5'8" and it feels a bit big. The seat post to head-tube is 24". Would it be a good idea to look for a used frame that is smaller and just move everything over? I'd like to set it up for comfort as much as possible. Second, I don't think I have the GEBE centered over the wheel like it said to in the manual (see pictures). The kit runs fine except for at top speed (30mph) I hear a rumbling/buzzing sound coming from the belt, and I loose power (30% or so) from the engine. This alternates, buzz for 1-2 seconds, then good for 5-10. There are bits of black "dust"...
I have been helped with some good ideas and suggestions from several people on this forum and the way this form is handled is very much respected by me. I have contribuited very little in return so I thought posting pictures of my bikes and passing on a few thoughts maybe of some interest. This is my Tour Easy which seems to be a very fine bike. The custom drive system with nine gears allows a rider to climb just about any hill on standard roadways ( not good for off road riding ). traveling on level roads at 30 mph is also handled very well. The little Subaru engine turns at a fairly low rpm so the rider just hears a low rpm humm from the motor. As you can see, the motor is under the seat and can be hand started while sitting...
My latest completed build. *Click pic for 1290 wide version. This is a nice daily commuter build, especially if you have to deal with hills, it has everything desirable except a front shock suspension. Yang Dong (Skyhawk) 2-stroke with Sick Bikes 2-stroke shift kit on Macargi Pantera 7S 7-speed. Strong bike with full fenders and good brakes. `Bullet Proof` heavy duty tubes and liners. Back rack. Analog Speedometer/odometer. 1200 Lumnen CREE T6 3-mode headlight with intense strobe. Keylock ignition switch to disable operation. 2.5L 2/3rd gallon gas tank capable of 70 miles, much more if you help by pedaling. It has been fun to ride ;-}
What you get if a Swedish Finn from Seattle goes to Italy, becomes besotten with Italian scooters, comes back home and puts a Chinese engine on a Taiwanese frame with Japanese parts and handlebars off a French moped imported by J.C. Penney in 1966. Ja sure, twist the grip and Harvey Go!
Hi guys, still a build in progress. Nearly completed. Needs chain, proper screws for exhaust mount, tensioner on, and rear sprocket on. Needs a bottom bracket and another chain for that as well. might put a rear gear shifter (derailuer?) Took a while to have the space to build this. Moving to a bigger new home soon as well!
Sadly after KC passed away, his website went down... To avoid his work to get lost, I got all the pictures I could from the Google cache and I put them in this album: https://www.flickr.com/gp/169434884@N05/i2nkp1 Here a link of a zip file with all of them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf1oc363ztl7vbw/site_kcsbikes.zip?dl=1 They are low quality pics, but I believe it's the best we can get without getting his web server back. Few of the (almos 1000) pics:
well ive got a new scooter. $25 bucks for the rolling chasis. i swapped the stock rims for 500CD rims (their lighter and stronger) i have a rear mount, off my alternator project, and i think a 2hp briggs with a centrifugal clutch will fit real nice behind the seat. this will allow me to have a standup/sitdown, and it will be more driveable, and it wont burn your leg(s) it will have all the plastics too. it wont be a speed demon, just something to putt around, and it will have good breaks also (thats a 1st)
Hi I'm getting ready to build my first bike for me and my son in Michigan this will be his Christmas gift. I need some good insight I've read many post. I've found good bikes at Walmart if you know better I'm listening, now it's time to ask the experts. I would like to use a centrifugal cluth engine something that runs without holding a clutch or paddle start, something that will only go roughly 25 mph I believe 49cc I don't my kid to get hurt I just want good traffic flow. Where can I find the proper lights from headlight turn signals and brake lights. I will be registering this bike with the Michigan Secretary of State to have it plated with a moped sticker so it must have the bells and whistles ok. I would like to build a nice bike...
Back