Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
When I wasn’t able to find seat post struts I decided to see what I had laying around and came up with this. I found a piece of 3/4” aluminum tubing and was able to bend it with my 1/2” EMT bender then used a -12 AN hose separator to attach it with. I had to grind away some of the inside of the hose clamp in order for it to clamp down tight enough. Also I squeezed the tubing under the seat with my vice and aluminum jaws
What you get if a Swedish Finn from Seattle goes to Italy, becomes besotten with Italian scooters, comes back home and puts a Chinese engine on a Taiwanese frame with Japanese parts and handlebars off a French moped imported by J.C. Penney in 1966. Ja sure, twist the grip and Harvey Go!
here is my 15 year old sons new moon dog. i took the live fast 48 cc off of my nishiki and put it on this dont worry i am replacing mine with a 80 cc from boy go fast. i am wating for a new cluch leaver, and a dual pull brake leaver. have the on my bike and love then no getting screwed up pulling leavers. still have to figure where to put an msr bottle not to much room.
I just got done putting the finishing touches on my first 4 stroke build. Here's a few picks of the build so far: Here's the motor. It's a 2.5 HP H.S. 142F 49cc 4 stroke with the famous Grubee 4G tranny I ordered from BicycleEngines. Took some time mounting but fits the bike like a glove. The fuel tank is a common tear drop MB gas tank with a 1/2 gallon capacity. Here's my pedal drive set up. I got one of those one piece to 3 piece pedal adapters from Phantombikes for the pedal chain because the kit stuff didnt fit well with my bike & the bearing cups in the bottom bracket just wouldn't come out. I also see it as an upgrade from the kit 3 piece because it feels like much better quality & I can use my original chain ring...
Please Look 70's stingray 2?????? sorry its of topic but i hope some one can help.today up at the shop some guy asked if i wanted to buy a old schwinn and of corse i said yes so i ended up buying this all original stingray with a lil rust but not bad can any one tell me what it might be worth?Think i made out i only paid $40 bucks.
I took this BADBOY in on trade in for my 60'S Murray Monterey. I had to get it running involved flushing the fuel system, changing carb, put deraileur on rear took off front one, replaced crank bottom bracket abearings and cups, chain, hooked up the brakes, had to repair tank leaks including the cap gasket, adjusted chain, and then came the gaskets the carb on tube was doublewrapped with teflon tape, intake gasket (made it), . Just took it for a spin did great the clutch wants to grab a little soafter you pop the regular pullin clutch you can just not use it anymore and its not sticky when you stop. there is a screw on the rear part of the housing like where the cover goes over the manual clutch plate looks like it is an adjustment...
Old barn-find of an old Austrian made, Sears sold J.C. Higgins 3 speed that I converted to MTB wheels and installed a 48 cc engine on with a VM12 yamaha PeeWee 50 carb. My still camera has been down, so I didn't get to chronicle the entire build. It's been over 3 weeks in the making, the frame was completely scabbed and pocked with surface rust, I didn't put a lot of finish work into this, as even for a decent bike in the late 1950's, the frame finish wasn't all that great. 5 speed indexed rear derailleur, 14-34 cogset and kept the original bottom bracket axle and bearings as they were perfectly usable, as was the headset. Newer (used) generic MTB 1" fork and quill high rise stem with Northroad handlebars. The saddle is...
Today I fired up my bike for the first time. I bought a 61' sears flightliner off of craigs list a few weeks ago and I finally got the chance to throw an engine on it this weekend. I made an album with some pics of the bike and some of the mods I did: http://motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=166 I would like to thank all the members for the good tips that I used during the build. I will assuredly have a happy time!
This is my second build with my new 10G long shaft transfer case and HS 144F-1G 53cc 4-stroke engine. Customer supplied used 7-speed Genisis 29er. The cut back case cover shows the larger freewheel bearing in the large pulley to lower pedal drag, which allows for smaller 9T solid sprocket that is adjustable on the shaft. The bases for the 10G are all a drill to fit the bike. Once the 2-part 3-point mount base is down and engine bolted on, the carrier bearing plate is attached. It takes longer to get the engine in, but a pretty simple system to operate and maintain from there. I like the little extra power a 53cc engine gives over the 49cc. The NGK 7544 (CR7HIX Iridium) plug, open exhaust, and properly adjusted valves (.04mm...
Back