Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Hi I'm getting ready to build my first bike for me and my son in Michigan this will be his Christmas gift. I need some good insight I've read many post. I've found good bikes at Walmart if you know better I'm listening, now it's time to ask the experts. I would like to use a centrifugal cluth engine something that runs without holding a clutch or paddle start, something that will only go roughly 25 mph I believe 49cc I don't my kid to get hurt I just want good traffic flow. Where can I find the proper lights from headlight turn signals and brake lights. I will be registering this bike with the Michigan Secretary of State to have it plated with a moped sticker so it must have the bells and whistles ok. I would like to build a nice bike...
I started the design process for my second build. I have a couple motors laying around I need to put to use. This one will be using a 50cc 2 Stroke, since my first one isn't exactly legal (103cc over the limit) I figured I should make this one legal. Let me know what you think so far about the overall design, although it may change slightly. I have a bunch of Moped parts I've collected, and the overall idea is a Cafe Racer.
got my motor in the mail today, and I just couldn't wait to get it on my bike. so far so good, I just need to fix the flat tire my bike got this morning, and get some gas and oil. at some point I will cut all the cables down so they aren't so long, but for now I just want to get it running. well here it is so far. I would love to at some point get it to look like this
I decided to pick up a Power-King 80 ( 66cc) kit to add to a recent purchase Canadian Tire Supercycle Cruiser. I have had motorcycles all my life since I was 14 when I had traded a bb gun for a Whizzer Motorbike kit, I was not a real good mechanic at 14 but I managed to get it cobbed together on a Raleigh 3 speed bike and after hours(days) of dicking around with the ignition and carb I finally got it running...it ran so good that the conrod let go going down a hill at a breakneck speed of maybe 40mph. I recently traded my HD Softail on a boat as my shoulder injury from hockey made it hard to ride for any length of time. The Power-King kit was quite complete and much more effort to assemble properly than the manual indicated but I...
I scored this very big brazed Schwinn frame from a neighbor who knew I liked bikes. This frame measures 23 inches from bottom bracket to the top tube and has a 8" head tube. I'd like to hack this frame up and make it something special. I have a threaded suspension front fork ready to go. My goals would be a 48" wheelbase, with the pedal bottom bracket 11" above the ground. To get the frame down to size, I plan to chop 3" off the head tube and the seat tube. The discrepency in tube angles may allow me to lay the frame back a bit, making for more motorcycly trail. How to reconnect the tubes after the chop? Might just fab a piece of tubing over the head tube sections and solder it. Maybe MIG weld it. Still thinking. I want to leave...
I finally started (or re-started) a build that was first conceived in 2011 and inspired by the 1912 HD- engine mounts went on this weekend and now I am doing the work to make everything fit. Motor is a 2011 Skyhawk, 49cc two stroke and the frame is a 1970's Worksman that I picked up for $25. Tanks are in progress- I had made a pair from 18 gauge steel, but consider these too heavy so I am starting again from scratch.
Hello everyone, I haven't been on this forum in ages! I sold my last motor bike and now I'm building a new one! It's a 26" Schwinn Sanctuary beach cruiser similar to my previous one with some differences including color! I have a 66cc motor kit on the way which I will be using upgrade performance parts later on in the future! I will once again be using an "arch style"chain tensioner to keep that cheap Chinese idler out of my beautiful spokes! see the included pictures, I am not a newbie to building these, I do however like suggestions or comments. I will be replacing the Chinese 415 chain with number 41 roller chain from fleet farm. I have the grips removed and the fender chopped out to accommodate the drive chain. I will post another...
Well, i have a 66cc 2 stroke that i think is on the verge of killing itself and me, so i decided to build up another bike, So far its got a 25cc weed eater as its power plant, estimated top speed is around 20mph It feels really smooth, pulls me up little inclines (anything more than 15° i have to help it) I had to weld the starter tabs to the shaft to reinforce it a bit, its held up so far. Lets hope it stays that way The roadmaster frame feels fine, the forks feel, well non existent Ill update this thread as i progress with this bike, but for now, it gets me going!
No pics yet. Sorry! I just scored a whole classic LTS 5 bike, on fleaBay and felt like doing a little gloaty glory victory dance. :p It is going to delay my build again, oh well! I had settled on using an alloy rigid MTB hybrid bike I have already, worried about missing the summer! But I think it will be worth it, for a better build. :) I will have to get a disc brake conversion plate from the USA as the LTS 5 pre-dates discs so only has v-brake bosses. A v-brake on the rear and a disc on the front will be okay to start with though. :) It will take a ages to build anything now because half my shift kit budget just went on this frame. Oops! :oops: It is the huge 20" size with a level toptube so plenty big enough even with the shift...
Note: Contributors to this thread are encouraged to answer the questions asked. I didn't want to start a new thread but I had to as no-one has bothered to revisit my latter thread and I need answers to my questions if I'm ever going to get this finished. I'm trying to learn please teach!! Ok It's YOUNGCHAOS, the college commuter, back with news of my first build. So I purchase a kit from Bicycle-engines.com since it seemed to be the build everyone has and talks about( the 49cc 4G T Belt Drive Complete Gas Powered Engine Kit). I'm curious about the Sprockets. Exaclty, How High can I go? My Kit comes with a 48 tooth, though, if I have the money should I get a better sprocket rig? I've seen as high as 72 tooth sprockets. Will I need more...
First i want to say thanks for all of the interesting reads over the weeks, and im happy to finally start back working on my bike and all help is appreciated. thanks. Now, a little back story... It was a clear black night........................and ebay was calling my name. Long story short, I ended up buying 2 motorized bicycle kits from a guy in california after searching for hoverboards (lol) after a week they arrived to my door, looking through both new kits i saw that one kit was built much better and gave it to my dad and took the "mediocre" one and proceeded to install it on my bike... well i got it all installed and filled the bike with gas/oil mix at 16:1, when i flipped the fuel on it started leaking from the carb...turns out...
Back