Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
wow great bike to ride did a few mods like no roller chain tensioner me dont like em. and some black tires cause im always cleaning the grease off the white walls. and cut the seat post holder down to the frame to lower the seat as much as possible . also some ape hangers a fancy mirror and got rid of the gears. also a two pull brake lever. other than that shes a moon dog thru and thru.
Hello folks. Thought you might be interested in some mods I've made to my side valve shopper. There are some other pics in the 'introduce yourself-lawnmower subversion in Devon' thread. I've just added the vertical stays, a front brake and sorted the gear change for the motor. It now sports 3 speeds and works a dream. Pulls up a 20% hill and lops along on the flat at a good lick with a relaxed rpm There's a vid of it on utube. Search for 'homemade motored bike demo' if you're interested.
Hi all, I've been working on my NE5 to give it more of a retro look. I've started by changing the seat to a springer style with crashbar, I've taken the rear carry rack off (too modern), put vintage bow pedals on, painted the fenders Navajo White, painted the Whizzer logo on the tank yellow and added the decal on the top of the tank. I've also added a bugle horn and vintage style half-moon handlebars. I'm not done yet, but here's the bike as it currently stands:
Here's my very first Motored bike, it's a Huansheng 4 stroke with the upgraded JL type gearbox.. the one with angle cut gears, with a 44 tooth rear sprocket, on a Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser. I had a few problems, with fuel lines, spark plug wire, chain alignment etc, but now it runs and looks good (at least I think so) last night (well early this morning 4 am) I took it out for a nice 2 mile ride with absolutely no problems at all. I'm a little afraid of opening the throttle all the way up except while going uphill, on the flats it just seems too fast and I find myself easing up on the throttle, I don't think I had it above 1/2 throttle for most of the ride. Oh and Here's a pic of it :
Here are my latest Bikes. A giant Elwood 21" frame with 700C wheels with a HT70cc. This is the most comfortable bike I've ever built. The larger wheels make such a difference to ride quality and the high bars and low saddle are so comfy to ride withj. The Schwinn Alloy 7 had the HT 70cc for 2 weeks before I put the 4 stroke in. The HT 70 was that rare thing - a good motor - just the luck of the draw. But the 4 stroke is lovely too except on hills.
heres some of the build up of the flying ace 6 horse tecumsey custom 1'' dom frame hand made bars bottom of forks are schwinn the rest is hand made tank is hand made also worksman rims stainless spokes powder coat frame wet paint tank skip chain 50 mph on flat ground FUN FUN FUN!!!!
Going to paint the tank and engine the same color as the frame, and polish the engine covers.:devilish: Got my Dax 70cc today. the sprocket rubber mount holes dont line up with the sprocket at all. seems as though they're for a different sprocket altogether.:o going to have to drill sprocket center-hole to 1 3/4" to clear the dust cap. we used to be able to grind the outer edge off, i know. but on this wheel, the hub housing itself is too large. not a big fan of the standard 'swept-back' beach-comber bars, so i nabbed these chrome drag bars. also shown is the workstand i made, and the tiny space i keep bikes/parts/tools in, now that the baby is crawling. lots of choking hazards.:yuck: my 'blue-hair' (miss megan) is grateful to get...
Here's where I'm at on the 2nd evening of my build. My Fuji mountain bike has a thin aluminum frame, so I had to fabricate some custom mounts. Right now, I have it set up with rubber motor mounts isolating the engine from the frame. I might need to go back to a solid mount to drop the motor a bit, as the spark plug is IMO too close to the top tube of the bike. Here are some photos: http://www.piratepathy.com/misc/motoredbike_02.jpg This build brought to you by Killian's Irish Red.... mmmm http://www.piratepathy.com/misc/motoredbike_03.jpg CLoseups of front and rear mounts. I'm going to have to heat and bend the exhaust a little bit to clear the frame. http://www.piratepathy.com/misc/motoredbike_04.jpg...
Well heres my small collection, or works in progress... 1. yellow bike is my cafe' bike. schwinn heavy duti with hd rims 70 motor and a little trick at the handle bars 2. My Kulana moondog springer front end 48 motor custom made tank amazing what you can do with a wally world bike. 3. My newest is my Moongoose paver (wally world) 48 motor rack tank speedo on break run now. Love this one 28 inch wheels just a nice bike for a 110 bucks.
I was asked in the Introduce yourself thread to post pictures so I dug around and these were the best that I had. They are about 4 years old but the bike looks basically the same today. I have added a Thudbuster shock absorbing seat post, which I really like. Also there is no longer an air valve on the rear wheel. I grew tired of flat tires but I liked the white walls so I purchased a 'NoMorFlats' tube and installed it on the rear wheel. It gives the ride a slightly mushy feel, sort of like riding on an under inflated tire. However I feel it is an excellent compromise since flat tires are a thing of the past and I have put a many miles on it since the change. The bike itself is a Jeep commemorative edition. Sadly I have not seen...
Here is my first build. It's a Bridgestone MB6 (circa 1992 or 1993). Need to finish adjusting rear sprocket (chain tension issues). I'd also like to congratulate JohnnyLoves on his first build too! At 17, he shows great promise and a perseverance- without any direction, he's made a great bike with very few tools! Nice Job!
Back