Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
We finally had some time to work on these Whizzers. We had good weather and we have both units running well. The black 2005 had many electrical issues that needed attention. We have not had it running since we got it back in November. We still have one more thing to fix. No brake lights yet. My red one didn't need as much attention. Here are a couple of pictures of Chris (KilroyCd) on them. Jim
Just thought I'd post an updated pic of the Fizzer. Also here's a pic of my Western Flyer that will be getting an 80cc engine soon. MBc Edited: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x254/rustyg513/P3090011.jpg http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x254/rustyg513/P4060023.jpg
My second bike, first is an old schwinn cruiser with the bike bug friction drive. I will post some pics of that bike later. I needed something more reliable to commute back and forth too work. The friction drive was ok but wet conditions caused the drive wheel to slip. Round trip to work is about 8 miles I can get there in about 15 minutes faster coming home, its all down hill. I got the engin kit from golden eagle and am very satisfide with thier products. The only problem was on the drive ring, not staying centered problem was solved with some PEX water pipe sold at Menardes located by the PVC pipe. I found the low spot on the drive ring and measured dow to the rim cut the Pex pipe a little bigger, cut a sice down the PEX with a razor...
I finally finished my latest cruiser. Well, not quite finished yet....still waiting for my local decal guy to make me some "Hardly Davidson" decals for the chainguards. This one has a Power King 80 engine, but I engraved 48cc on the clutch cover to keep the cops happy.....and from what I've been hearing in here, it sounds like 48cc is a bit closer to the truth than 80cc on these Power King engines anyways. I haven't tried it out yet, but I plan on taking it for a run tonight. I hope it runs as well as my Dax 70. Pete
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=112522121&albumId=1123950 ther on myspace now the crashe pics http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=112522121&albumId=1625364 and the vids http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.myvideos
Here's my Schwinn Jaguar 70 cc motor from livefastmotors.com. Luckily the kit came with pretty much everything I needed to complete the whole project. I haven't really gotten the thing running smoothly yet. I am not very knowledgeable with motors, but this has been a great learning experience at a great price. So much fun! My computer is dumb and the "attachment" button doesn't work, so here's some uploaded photos: 100_4986.jpg - 0.81MB 100_4984.jpg - 0.69MB 100_4983.jpg - 0.61MB There are a couple things I'm still working on. I changed out the fuel line it came with and got an in-line fuel filter. I have a couple zip ties holding **** down, which doesn't look TERRIBLE, but I'm gunna switch a couple of them totally...
My rendition of a Harley/indian mortorbike from the early 20th century. The frame is a 1940 Elgin. The forks are a repro Monarch. Triple spring seat. 1942 era Paratrooper handlebars. Wishbone kickstand. Handmade gas tank. Coaster brake hub with sprocket mounting plate built in. (Boy I wish I could find another one. Either that or the band type rear brake.) The filler behine the seat post is just that, though you might be able to hide some batteries in there.
I am new at this so forgive me if I fouled up the gallery with my pics. Posting them was almost as hard as building the bike. I put together two of these over the winter months, and getting ready to test run as soon as weather permits. This forum was a huge help over here. As you can see, I used alot of ideas from Blaze such as engine placement and top bar as the fuel tank. Instead of using the big 60T peddle sprocket, I am using an additional 44T as a ghost ring to clear the clutch case and tension the pedal side chain. On the drive chain I installed the derailer sprocket on the tensioner as opposed to the nylon spool supplied in the kit. Thanks to Blaze and to Large Filipino for these cool tricks. All said and done Blaze was...
i got a stand, 2 bars, a seat, sissybar, and a backrest, and a generator light. i know i know the blue bike is dorky. (with the seat that high you should see me get on/off it lol!) i cut almost a foot off it. cause i wanted to clear the shed door lol! for the blue bike, i built it for comfort. style was an after thought (as you can plainly see) but anyway here are the 20 or so pics i took. i need to buy new cables, for the brakes.
A few more of my collection. Green 1950 Schwinn Panther with "J" motor [first place Portland, IN 2005], Blue 1951 S4 with "300" motor [first place Paducah, KY 2005], 10 of my personal ridders, 1948 original [un restored] WZ/S4 with "H" motor [first place un-restored NC 2007]. I have more, but no photos yet. Quenton
Here are some pics of the Electric Micargi 7 Speed Cruiser that Blaze helped me build. It was an easy build except that the charger that shipped with the 36 Volt, 500 Watt, electric hub kit came wired backwards. We blew the charger twice before we figured out it was wired wrong. Luckily, Blaze isn't afraid to re-wire stuff then plug it into a wall :D Actually, now that I think about it, it was my charger and my wall, so I guess I was the one being brave that day. We mounted the speed controller under the rear rack and moved the gear changer to the left side of the handlebars to make room for the throttle. I liked the original red front rim, so I respoked the electric hub to the original rim, and spray painted the hub and...
Back