Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Here is my latest build. I had John and Nick helping with this one. We built it in about 8 hours or so, but a lot of time was also wasted going on scavenger hunts for parts (much of which was sitting in traffic). A lot of Schwinn Stingray choppers have been converted to motorized bikes, but I never really liked the way they looked after moving everything around to fit an adult. This one is a little different (it was already converted to adult size before I motorized it). The stock seat can't really be moved up off the frame and still look like it belongs on the bike. This one has a good springer saddle instead. Also, the ape-hanger handle bars are the best way to get the hand grips up where an adult can reach them. They give...
It's a GT Kustom Kruiser Duece. It's really MINE, but i'll let megan THINK its hers, haha. chopper forks, 3" wide rear tire. Ape-hangers. Got most of it complete except mounted rear sprocket. just using spare parts here and there. megan is confused by coaster brakes...something about pedaling backwards to stop, she has trouble comprehending:rolleyes:. so the only way to use handbrakes on front was to put them on the backside of the neck, and let the pads rub right on the tire. it'll chew them up faster, but i can get the pads for free. i'd like to keep the wide tire, but if the chain wont clear with just one extra spacer, i'll havbe to go to reg. width tire. i dont wanna run into vibration probs.
Well, Here it is, my first bike. I took the pics just a few hours before I finished the sprocket and chain because it was sunny out. Amazingly the thing fired right up no problem and i took it for a ride around the lake. I must admit that i dont think this is the right style of bike for 30mph. Its extremely ridgid and rides rough at speed. here are a couple pics: http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jeffseim/100_1454.jpg http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jeffseim/100_1455.jpg
A few more pictures of my Dad's Monark Supertwin - not ridden in the past 55 years!:D I'm new to the site, but I don't seem to find a lot of "OLD" motorbikes, mostly converted newer bicycles. When I opened the headlight up, the picture shows what I found (instructions on how to install the batteries) - the one thing I need is a lens for the taillight
hi guys just got my chrome parts back and put them on my bike today. it took 5 weeks for 4 pieces. that sucks ,way to long to wait for me to wait ,anyway got them back and installed them and thought i would share incase anybody wants to wait forever for chromed covers and head . just wanted to pretty her up a bit. thanks for looking larry ca
Here's a link to a photo of my 2005 Whizzer NE5. This was purchased off eBay, and the seller disassembled it for shipping without tagging the ends of the wiring. I'm going through that now with the service manual to make sure we have it all correct. http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z21/KilroyCD/My%20Bikes/100_0822.jpg For those on dial-up who want a smaller, more quick to load photo:
This is the first bike I built for myself, but my second build overall... first one was a practice build for my gF. I used a tower standoff for the front engine mount, front disc brake kit using rear freewheel, rear rim brake, LiveFast Sprocket Mount, drilled 33t sprocket, 90 bent springer, Large antique style springer seat, and single pull front/rear brake lever. I really didn't want to use the stock tank, but I'm too lazy to build a rack mount for the rear tank I bought from Dax. After mounting the tank, it really didn't look too bad...kinda matched the lines of the bike. I used 1.5 pvc pipe clamps from home depot and painted them black. The pvc flexed perfectly to fit the oval top tube.
Heres my bike I finished today. New paint, polish of the chrome and it looks good as new. Its a bit of a squeeze but it fits perfectly. Petrol tank mounting will need to be improved sometime. Had the engine on my mountain bike but wanted something a bit more comfortable and still be able to use the MTB using pedal power, so heres what happened-
I have made my first motored bike, thanks everybody for being so helpfull, All I have to do now is cosmetics on the bike. Heres the link to my pics. removed cause it doesnt work Yes, the back tire is smaller, its the only way the chain will clear the tire. I will have to change the front one to match, and i will change the front forks to support brakes
This is the best bike I ever built. Last year I only had to change oil & polish the chrome. Thank You Japan for the killer reliable Robin/Subaru. My garage is full of broken bikes, with the exception of this one../.. And yes, she's been around the Block! OLE' RELIABLE has its' merits.
I've been extremely busy lately with getting in shape and freeride mountain biking that I haven't had time for much of anything lately. Here's something else that has been keeping me from the forums...Brutus with a facelift. New color and motor augmentation...48cc to a 70cc. Well, never mind. I keep getting a database error when I try to attach pictures. There are pictures of Brutus on a different forum but you'll have to look for them yourself until I can figure out what's wrong here. Dan
well, i didnt want to put this in the pics area, cause i have more than just motored bikes i ride... but, in the summer this is what i ride almost daily (im too big for the harley bike now but that would make a great motored bike for a kid!) but i was cleaning out the shed and i took pics of all MY bikes for insurance purposes, and i thought id sho ya. oh, the mtn bike, i dont ride lol as ya can see! and the tiny bike was the donor bike for my trailer, and it was my very 1st bike, and when i gave it to my bro (5 yrs agao) i painted it blue for him...just a little back story :) anyway here goes. the bikes are arrenged by horse power smallest to largest:p i appreciate ya looking!:)
Back