Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Pretty much a basic and some what trouble free build. With the help of user cruiser66 I was able to get some bugs ironed out. I did add a gearbox oil reservoir to cure the "spiting" out the vent hole. Never use a soild 10mm bolt with no vent when running gear oil, or if you want your legs covered in hot smelly gear oil. Where the rear axle bolts up to the chain stays I welded extra metal to lengthen the "C" wheres as to adjust the chain for tension with out the need of the chain tension part. But biggest goof is not about the engine kit, but breaking my bottom bracket where the left crank attaches to (Over Torqued bolt). Try ed welding the crank on but was worried about the heat burning up the grease in the BB. Don't really...
check out my new / old find! i picked it up behind my buddies motorcycle shop in the blackberry bushes for free! what do ya think about beer injection? will it work? does for me anyway! hicup!! im hopeing soon to be tradeing my honda 90 for a 52 j.c. higgins flowmaster to motorize! im giddy! oh ya back to beer injection, one for me one for the bike,one for me one for the bike. no wonder it doesnt run!:lol::lol::lol:
Here's my bike, a $149 Schwinn Skyliner from Walmart with a Kings "80cc" motor kit. This bike has front suspension (springing really as it doesn't seem to have any damping effect). It has a bit too much space in the diamond and a 1 1/2 inch downtube so it does require fabrication of a front mount. I've ridden it about 500 miles and everything is still straight although I broke all 9 trailing spokes on the left side within a few days. I was too paranoid when tightening the sprocket bolts and that allowed the sprocket to work the spokes to their death. The narrow handle bars make it hard to fit all the controls on and I think a more classic sweptback bar would allow an even more comfortable riding position. Since I set the bars as...
Hi all, I keep seeing what looks like the same kind of bike, over and over. I decided to submit some of the bikes that I have built to show what can be done. This bike I bought at a bike shop, from that back room, just a frame and fork, then I went back and found the orig rear fender, later I encountered a correct front fender. This is about a 1946-1950 Cleveland Welding Company 24" probably a Roadmaster, due to the hole pattern on the steer tube. Fancy paint you ask? I bought those rattle cans at wally world, and set about to finish this bike for my wife. Here is "Diane's Bike" probably about my 15th bike. Mike
I think I finally got my chain issues worked out, so I celebrated with a burnout video. There is a little smoke, but I don't know if it is from the tire or the exhaust. I hope you all enjoy! http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=14176274
This is my second attempt. Turned out better than I had expected. It is a Micargi GTS Mustang. I put a 32T sprocket from Kings Custom Sprockets. New style push-button clutch (Love it). Dual-pull brake levers. Rides like a Champ. The springer front end and springs on the seat make all the difference in absorbing the bumps. Haven't had it full-throttle yet...still on first tank of gas. Made the mount out of Simpson Strong-Ties (construction ties). Went with the U-bolts because I was not sure about clearence issues, I didn't want to drill holes in the frame in case the forward mount didnt work. I used rubber fuel line over the U-bolts to try to lesson the vibrations....so far....so good.
Another of my rack mounts using a 49cc pocket bike engine. Still need to mount the tank , throttle and secondary chain but she's almost complete. Instructions for this project are detailed in full here:http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7996
Here it sits ... and here! ... after it's maiden voyage; a break-in ride of about 20 miles all over town Wednesday afternoon. Rode another 10 or so yesterday... the thing just keeps getting stronger. I love the popping 2-stroke idle. It sounds a little bigger than 48 cc's... Hee! (I'm using a 25:1 mix (5 oz) of Motul 800 premix oil and 87 octane for the first gallon; after that I'll drop the mix to 32:1 (4 oz). This is excellent oil; it is one of the best oils available today from what the local 2-stroke pros are saying.) Rode another 5 miles this evening and now the motor is really starting to run smooth, clean and strong! It takes some restraint not to run this motor to redline! Bwaaaaaaap! LOL. But I'd like it to last a...
been having trouble posting pics laterly.so i set my camera to its lowest setting and took a few pics indoors.heres two of the five machines i finished this year.first is a peugeot p50 from the 1930s.second is another french machine sort of.it is a 1950s itom tourist roller drive engine italian invention but this one was made under licence in france.i fitted it to a british rudge bicycle from 1947.both machines do a steady thirty but lose a lot of power on hills.
Headed down to the liqour store,. gonna flog a few wreaths while I'm there. Cover the cost of the whiskey anyways!!!??!!! hahaha actually picked up a quick $80 in less than an hour last night . haha you gotta love it And a couple pics of my work bike. notice the rack and trailer hitch. toolbox up front. ~G~
Hello, here's my first attemt to build something electric. The frame is from "Delta" moped and front fork is a cheap chinese one... I use 300W 24V motor, 25amp controller and four 17Ah deep cycle batteries which I dont have yet. The problematic thing about it is the transmission. I have 11 teeth 402 chain front sprocket, so the rear sprocket must be pretty big; the other option is to make two-stage chain transmission, but it's the tricky solution because of the frame's dimensions. Images: http://static1.nagi.ee/i/p/130/90/032726550cb3f3_l.jpg http://static1.nagi.ee/i/p/130/90/03272661a8f2e3_l.jpg
Here are a few stingrays I built, My son is riding the XL sorry... NO image tags http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=73204&postcount=2 pm me or another mod when you want to fix (edit) this post OR we can delete it and you can start an new one
Back