Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Thanks for the great welcome to a new member. I am attaching photos of a "Zipcycle" , a series of string-trimmer bikes that we built a few years (1994-2004) ago. They were all powered by Homelite (25cc.) string trimmers with a friction roller drive. Now that I am retired I have time to play with a few variations, and I present the first Zipcycle with sidecar, inspired by the recent forum photos of a sidecar for the powered bike. Just a frame now, I plan to add a vintage-appearing body. Notes on sidecar handling: Since I am not exactly a spring chicken, I took it very carefully at first. I went to a local school parking lot,(summer, so it was empty) and practiced first left-hand turns and then right hand turns. I kept increasing...
Here's the Goose. It's not very radical by some standards but she moves me down the road. I added the 12v lighting system about a year ago when I decided riding in the dark with traffic was fun. Did I mention that I may be a little bit crazy, at least my wife thinks so. The R460 went on last month and it's a horse at 4.2 HP @ 11K. Forty MPH + and a hill climber too boot. It will accelerate up hills that pulled the TLE43 down to clutch disengagement.
welcome to the show :) we have a great bunch of bikes this month...good luck choosing :eek: :eek: let's all make sure to thank last month's winner, azkronic, for representing sooo well... 8) without further ado, the beauties: augidog azvinnie Bikeguy Joe boardtracker Chopper JosephGarcia prowler SlicerDicer srdavo The Hornet Tom Torques voting closes thursday, june 7th @ midnite (pst) this should be fun to watch, & thanks to all our entrants for that! 8)
Finally finished new bike!:D I really wanted to put a 110cc 4 stroke, 4 speed w a kickstart... but the engines weight alone freaked me out. Besides, I already had a pocket bike engine from a failed attempt at mounting it on a mountain bike with the wrong gearing (55t pocketbike sprocket) and wrong size tire (26 inch). Burned the clutch out in one day, and went slower than honey uphill in january.:rolleyes: Also, I wanted to do a spoiler no one else did, no drilling of the frame, dual FRONT disc brakes(that work!),PEDALS , hidden gas tank, and a hotrodded pocketbike engine that was'nt bone stock. I hate stock anything! This is my first real posting of pics I hope this works.
Here is my bike from WaL MART Its a Full susp MTB made by Mongoose.Bike is powered by a Tanaka 2600 pure fire GEBE kit. A close up of my unfinished aux gas rack and a front and rear pic of my RANS V2 long wheelbase recumbent with a GEBE Tanaka40 with crome aircleaner and powerpipe from Tanaka USA that will do 40 mph
I want to post pictures of my bikes too! At this point in time I have only one with a motor, but after putting one together, I want to do more. I'm currently watching for an engine. Those board track bikes really tickle my fancy. I want one like that! I also took photos of my more obscure bikes to post. Hope you like them. First the motored bike. The box in front of the basket is for bungy cords, lock and cable, nitrile gloves, and a rag.There is also a one pint spare gas can and it's attachment.My chain guard repair, also can be seen my air filter made from a bit of pvc fitting and a top from a spray paint can. A picture of a 1965 Moulton. A kangaroo bike from I think the early 1960's. One has to hop on the floor board...
This is my own motorised bicycle, - um... I should say tricycle :oops: Basically it's a Hercules heavyweight roadster bicycle that's been fitted with a trike axle kit as well as a 250watt 24volt hub motor. I use it as my 'car' for local journeys and general 'go-fetching'. http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1254/anniesherculestrike2md8.jpg
i was screaming that when it finnally fired up this morning. neighbors thought i was nuts. been on it all day and used my first tank of gas. what a hoot http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/atcspaul/100_1452.jpg
:D Well, here it is, a purely functional, made with what I had, no frills,motorized bike. The Piaa light got dropped, and I haven't flamed it yet, 700 miles have been put on, just for testing purposes of course. I actually wore out the kevlar reinforced tires that I originally put on the bike, had to replace them with what was available, 26x2.125, now it is really a smooth ride. Gas mileage is about 100 mpg. I ride the bike to work every chance i get, but it seems to rain a lot. Hope you like it. Scrollerguy
I can tell that this site is goig to play heck with my spare time. I was looking at my parts pile today, thinking about paring it down some. It got a bit crumpled while I was plowing snow this winter. And there, lurking in the corner, the next major drain on my time. Now where was that pile of weed whackers? Tomorrow I'll pull it out of there and take a good look at it.
Hello everyone, I just finished my first build today. I used a Dyno Roadster that I picked up for only $75. All the chrome parts are rusted pretty badly, but as money permits new wheels, fork, as well as installing lights, horn, and a battery will be on the way. I also want to cut down the fenders that came with it to a more bobber style back fender and shorter front as well. I plan on getting a chopper fork with a disc brake in the near future. I rode around for the first time today. Aside from vibration at low speeds it's really smooth! I'm hoping that the engine will run even smoother after broken in. I'll try to get more higher quality pics and post later on. _Scott
Hi everybody, i just finished my bike, its a mountain bike steel frame with a 48cc square head, runs really cool, of course the bike is not finished, i have things to do like hiding the wires, upgrade the breaks, and modify the front motor mount, the engine moves a little to the left, not big deal so far, the chain is aligned but i want the bike to run OK. the pics bye!
This southern fried four stroke Schwinn Skyliner was built by my good friend Allen in Macon, Georgia. Have a look "four" yourself. He reports smooth sailing after adding some gear oil to help smooth out the clutch chatter. http://www.bicycle-engines.com/images/schwinnaSmaller2.jpg http://www.bicycle-engines.com/images/schwinnaSmaller.jpg
Back