Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Greetings! Here are a few pics of my first motor-assisted bicycle. It's a King powered 80CC on a $53 bike from Target. I have about 70 miles on it so far, riding it to work 20 miles round trip at 25:1 breakin mix. So far it's running good after replacement of the cheesy engine mount studs and a boat load of Loc-tite. Dan
The orange PeeWee bike has 4600 miles since September 2006. The black Roadster prototype custom conversion has 600+ miles. It's birthday is May 3, 2007. I am keeping it. Number two will be for sale. The 21 speed mountain bike is for sale, the one my wife wants me to stay off of it so as to avoid becoming attached to it. Then I might not try to sell it. It's birthday is May 21, 2007. The performance is unbelievable, 21 speed and all. It is my first EHO25 motor. All I can say is WOW! The performance is all smooth as silk.
I mixed up a batch of Penzoil and de-gummed castor at Penzoil 4 ounces, castor 3 ounces for one gallon, mixed well and filled the tank to the bottom of the filler neck on the Ross Europia based "military" bike. I left at 5:30pm and ended up back at home at 8:20pm. I used about 7/8th of the tank. Didn't keep track of mileage. Here's a few from the road- First pic is about half way through the ride. I decided I'd try a little ride on a dirt road and it wasn't as hostile as I had expected....although I passed more cars on this stretch of dirt road than the previous 30 miles. A few miles later I came up to "civilization" and stopped at an Autozone and bought a little packet of tail light bulb grease because my gears...
Yeah, but I can't ride 'em like roller skates....so I got a spare for friends and family, that is if Randy the K will get off the danged thing! :lol: The "military model" is much smoother, not sure why...could it be the frame? They both run on Cheng Shin road tires and dax 70cc engines. The military has part of the baffle removed (it was rattling around inside the muffler when I opened the box, so I took the end cap off and the tube fell out) the Western Flyer has the stock muffler. Both have custom tapered slide needles, which work VERY well.
http://www.hot.ee/vootele/riga7.jpg http://www.hot.ee/vootele/riga7-1.jpg This is Latvian Riga-5 moped from middle 60-s, it has D-5M engine, 45cc 1.2hp. Currently it's ridable, but not very good looking. The picture is taken at February and it was snowing really hard that day...perfect conditions for a little extreme ride.
Heath said in response to my introductory post "personally, i want to see the military dodge and your carvings!" I don't have the dodge mentioned in that post anymore. I now have a similar truck made by Volvo. It is a 1956 command car built for the Swedish military. It came with a factory bike rack that holds two bikes. There were 724 of the things made. The nickname for this vehicle is sugga, which means sow in Swedish. The other miltary truck I have is a 1965 Mercedes Unimog. It was also a command car. My handle psuggmog is a blend of sugga-a+unimog-uni. There was a post somewhere on this forum where folks were showing mercedes benz pictures and talking about bikes. I am posting a picture of a mid 1960s Peugeot PX10E frame I made into...
Got a already broken in KingsMotor 80cc engine from craigslist. The seller was nice and showed me everything. He also did some mods (I wouldn't be able to tell you, sorry, not good with motors) that supposedly gives more torque to lower speeds, for better starts and hill climbing. I put it on a bike, that, when I got it, continually and aggresively fought with me. When I replaced one part, another broke off. for about 2 months. by the end of that time, the bike had mismatched tires, no pedals, stripped threads in the pedal bars. So I said "F*** it." and decided to strap a motor on it. Been wanting the kingsmotor for months, and found the ad on craigslist for about 60$ Guess I got a good deal, whenever I have an issue with the...
Tomorrow will be the release date of the "new build".....clues are all over this site.....pictures to follow tomorrow evening........psuggmog may love it.....so may you..... I'm putting this here, since it is not finished until it's done.....but I couldn't keep my pie hole shut another day. Any guesses?
Nothing special other than where fuel tank is mounted. Acts as a fender to catch mud on dirt roads. PS FYI, I currently own 8 engines and am down to 2 bikes. I enjoy installing engines and sharing them with others. Got at least two bikes I have to build this weekend for others, a Schwinn Jaguar and a Schwinn Skyliner!
this is my Deviate it is finally ready after more than 2 months of planning and waiting I made a custom motor mount and added another mount for a stingray to mount engine , I needed 5 (FIVE !) rubber spacers to clear rear 3" tire, I am running a heavy-duty BMX chain for the engine, I got a sturmey-archer front drum brake wheel built, AZVinnie made a custom 12v lighting sytem with modded driving light housing to fit a lower wattage bulb, and I made a battery holder for a UB1250 battery(12v 5ah), custom exhaust made from a chopper pipe and a section added from a bent handlebar (those drum brakes have a LOT of torque !)
Took a bike I built four years ago [sophomore year high school] and decided to slap an 80cc on it... This is my first one. After two days and two donor bikes I finally finished it.. Took it for a test ride and decided its way too dangerous without brakes and need to go get a few other things too.. Need to go find out where the bike shop moved to... However stupid this thing looks, It rides SOOOO comfortably! The ghetto sissy bar, homemade banana seat, and conduit ape hangers all add up to a very relaxed ride. lol. looks ridiculous.. What do you guys think?
Back