Alabama Motorized Bicycle Laws

License Required & Registration Required

  1. Anton
    The Department of Revenue's Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) requires a title and tag for motorized bicycles, scooter and mopeds to use them legally on the road in Alabama. It's the same process as registering a motorcycle.

    You must apply for a motorcycle tag for $15 and then bring the following to your local tag office to register your motorized bicycle:

    • Driver's license or photo ID.
    • Title or certificate of origin showing you as the new owner.
    • Bill of sale.
    • The registration papers (if you have any).
    • Registration fee & sales tax (based on purchase price).