Alaska Motorized Bicycle Laws

Alaska Motorized Bicycle Laws

The Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) laws require motorized bicycles to be registered. A M2 motorized cycle permit is also needed.

A motorized bicycle is classified the same as a motor-driven cycle under Alaska's DMV laws. A motor-driven cycle is defined as a bicycle having an engine with a displacement of 50cc or less. If it's over 50cc then it is classified as a motorcycle.


You must have a M2 motorized cycle permit. To obtain a M2 motorized cycle permit. You must:
  • Be at least 14 years old.
  • Pass a written test for a regular license (unless you already hold a learner's permit).
  • Pass the motorcycle written and road tests.
  • Pass a vision test.
  • Pay a $20 fee.

To ride a motorized bicycle on public roads in Alaska it needs to be registered. To register it, you need to bring the following to a DMV office:
  • Your M2 motorized cycle permit.
  • The Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) - for new mopeds or scooters.
  • $60 for the registration fee
  • $15 for the title fee.
First release
Last update
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Anton