Under the law in Pennsylvania, a motorized bicycle is defined as a moped. A moped has:
- Operational pedals and a motor.
- A motor rated no more than 1.5bhp, and the cylinder capacity cannot exceed 50cc.
- Travel no faster than 25mph.
- Must have automatic transmission.
You must have a valid drivers license or motorcycle license to ride a motorized bicycle in Pennsylvania.
You will need to register your motorized bicycle to ride it legally on public roads in Pennsylvania. You do not need to get it inspected but you do need to bring:
You will be issued with license plates after you have registered your motorized bicycle.
- proof of insurance.
- your Class C drivers license.
- registration fee of $9