03 kx65 died while riding hard

Buckcisco

Local time
11:25 PM
So i was riding my kx65 hard for ten or so minutes and iwas in highest gear for a good minute straight when my engine just died on me. I tryed kicking it over it seems like forever and only after it wasnt running 5 to ten minutes it started but sounded like crap and wouldnt stay on when i let outclutch. So brought it home and noticed the spark plug was slightly unscrewed and the boot wasnt all the way down. It starts but sounds bad . help. Im a female and this is my first ever bike and not sure what to or how to find problem

Thank you for responding. So after checking the bike over i cleaned the little window off where the gear oil goes and theres barely any visible gear oil in it. Yes im feeling like a total ass. Anyways.... I bought some a while back from the mc store (yamalube sae 10w-40 4t synthetic engine oil as per the salespersons recommedation) how much would you suggest putting in? I hope i didnt blow my bike up. What do you think? Is there something else i should do before i restart it or something perhaps?

Thanks .i just cross refd the frame numbers and its actually a 2000. Im gonna put some oil in it and see what happens thereafter. Ill keep you posted.

They said on there.... NOT to mix oils.. Drain old oil and start with fresh oil.

id drain out that gear oil and refill it with new stuff, if it was low and you rode it hard most likely there's gonna be metal shavings (more like a fine powder) and you don't want to just fill up since it'll circulate into the oil (ie, contamination is still there, adding oil won't really help)

id double-check everything on the bike (air filter, bearings, frame, and fork bushings, brake pad wear, etc etc) Since it sounds like the previous owner either didn't know how to maintain it or just didn't give a crap.

also, make sure its properly mixed, id dump out the fuel mix in there and run whatever the owner's manual says (usually its either 32:1 or 40:1)

what most likely happened was a "soft seize" since it was running super lean (due to the sparkplug being loose, and other factors) which caused it to die, most likely its gonna be scored, however, if you can get it to run, id just run it till it seizes good (then buy a top-end kit)

this forum is for homemade motorized bikes (basically bicycles with a motor), However, we are happy to help, BUT id recommend thumpertalk.com or a dirtbike forum for better information.

We talking 90wt gear oil here or engine oil, you're confusing me with your post description of oils.

So i was riding my kx65 hard for ten or so minutes and iwas in highest gear for a good minute straight when my engine just died on me. I tryed kicking it over it seems like forever and only after it wasnt running 5 to ten minutes it started but sounded like crap and wouldnt stay on when i let outclutch. So brought it home and noticed the spark plug was slightly unscrewed and the boot wasnt all the way down. It starts but sounds bad . help. Im a female and this is my first ever bike and not sure what to or how to find problem
Sounds like ya ran ot lean and burned up the rings and cylinder. Idk would have to actually get my hands on it. But im thinking you need a new jug, rings and maybe piston.

Back