10,000W Alternator E-Bike DIY

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
11:24 AM
Any of you guys seen this video? I stumbled across it and thought some of you might find it interesting. Looks like something that can be done with parts from an old CG.

Could it work? Maybe. Is it practical? Absolutely not. The guy in that video seems to have had sucess, but would've spent tons of money. Plus an ebike with 10KW of power isn't road legal, at least where I live.

Aging Wheels has attempted a similar project with a go-kart, and failed miserably. He also had to use a giant lithium battery pack which wouldn't fit on a bike.

Could it work? Maybe. Is it practical? Absolutely not. The guy in that video seems to have had sucess, but would've spent tons of money. Plus an ebike with 10KW of power isn't road legal, at least where I live.

Aging Wheels has attempted a similar project with a go-kart, and failed miserably. He also had to use a giant lithium battery pack which wouldn't fit on a bike.
Watch both videos (the bicycle and the alternator conversion). They hardly spent any money at all.

Those two links you sent (go kart) converted the alternator into a 3ph motor, the linked video on the OP (bicycle) has the alternator converted to permanent magnet brushless motor by making/changing the rotor - hence the drastic difference in results.

Watch both videos (the bicycle and the alternator conversion). They hardly spent any money at all.

Those two links you sent (go kart) converted the alternator into a 3ph motor, the linked video on the OP (bicycle) has the alternator converted to permanent magnet brushless motor by making/changing the rotor - hence the drastic difference in results.
Oh, I didn't even realize the motor was converted to a permanent magnet motor. That seems like a neat idea then.

Back