10 speed to recumbent project

hey taterJ,
here's one of my ghetto recumbents, from 5 years ago. I rode it quite a few times. It was NOT comfortable. no suspension in the rear made it a real pain in the tailbone!!
note where I mounted the seat on the girls' bike frame. the backrest is made from 2 sets of handlebars & tubing from an old crutch.
old pcc 082.jpg
this was before I got a welder, so it's totally bolted together. was way more fun to build, than to ride!!
I still have this bike!!
I built another one that was frontwheel drive....I'll try to find some pics.
you have me thinking I should try to build another......hmmmm:rolleyes:

das pretty cool davo!, i really didnt get anywhere today, other than mounting a deraillur. cause all today, was tweaks, and thinking for the most part. it took 45 minutes to unbolt measure a million times, then cut the tube then drill new holes, for the crank tube... and now i need an idler pully, or somthing of the sort. so i am gonna go to menards in an hr, and see if they have anything.... oh, and davo with this setup, i could moundt a desk chair if i wanted, and believe it or not, im thinking about it. just the thought of uphlorsting somthing makes me sick!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, and i might add, this project killed my drill. chuck wont hold good anymore, and it overheats in like 5 minutes, not to mention it bottoms out, at really low torque...

well, van the chain is fine. i just need a good idler wheel, and i dunno how to do large's? mod for the idler without tightining the screw too hard, making the little bitty wheel not move. ( searched for an hr, but couldnt find the idler mod.)

thanks for that link, large. now i just gota find a bolt to fitt through the frame. i guess the unthreaded space wont matter, cause it goews THROUGH the frame... tommro, ill be going to ace, the helpful place (biking distance lol but wayyy pricy)

ok, thanks again large for the link- yesterday i went and worked on the bike, and did large's mod. (worked great by the way) and now all i goota do is take one link outta the chain, and hope i got mucles, cause it was either too slack or too taunt by one link, if i wanted to have the bearing. cant work today, cause its my bro's b day.

ok people. i have a problem. how do i mount this to my bike? i used a coke can, cause thats what was in my house, and i didnt wanna go outside, in bare feet.the gap in the pipes, on the bike is an inch, and they are one inch pipes. i was thinking my trusty hose clamps? but i dunno. i was hoping some new brains might help spark some ideas. incase you cant tell, tommrow is garbage day lol

Attachments

• DCAM0005.JPG
    DCAM0005.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 367
  • DCAM0006.JPG
    DCAM0006.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 347
Last edited by a moderator:
Back