100+ degrees out

azbill

Local time
3:35 AM
today was first day to hit 100 here. :eek: (desert outside phoenix)
I would like to get opinions on any heatproofing I can do to make my bike last through the hotter days to come :? :?
ie: should I run different plug/gap than normal :? or anything along that line

figured I might as well get all the input I can now, before it's 130 outside :LOL: :LOL:

Bill

I wonder if you coiled some copper tubing around the cooling fins if that would act as even more of a heat sink?
Maybe even fill with water and a popoff valve in case it gets to hot.
Just some wild ideas! :LOL:
Doc

anything you can do to extend the surface area should help. When I first started reading your post, for some reason I thought you were going to ask about how to hook up AC to your bike or something... :LOL:

yea is it possible to somehow watercool these engines? People make mods to their PC heatsinks like that all the time (Regular member of Overclock.net)

I have been told by a few people that painting the engine black disperses the heat better. ?????

I know when I touch a car with a black surface on a hot sunny day it certainly is not cooler, but you may want to check this out with someone in the know. If you do check on this I would like to know what you learn.

I heard that before about painting engine black
I know the older grubees were black so there might be something to it
Does anyone have any input on that ???

That color should absorb the light and actually do the opposite...

You know what? Let's send this to the Mythbusters, on the Discovery Channel. Tell them about the website. The exeriment would be to buy two bikes, install 80cc engines, paint one black, and monitor the temp while riding. Plus it would really spread the word about the site and the bikes as a viable form of economical personal transportation.

Who else watches that show? I'm being totally serious about this. It would be awesome!

i watch it all the time tivo is my friend haha! that would be cool on mythbusters yeah!!!

Back