$100 jackshaft kits from zeda

Junk!!! Buy the real kit from Sick Bike Parts for a few dollars more!

The freewheel is crappy chinese made and will not last 100 miles then
when you have to buy a quality replacement from Sick Bike Parts you
might have well as bought their most affordable jack shaft kit.

That is the old 3 piece design with crappy chinese chain, sprockets, etc, etc.

Also you do Not get the indispensible $10 Jump Stop with this shody badly
copied crap and other parts like the plastic chain cover.

Don't be foolishly lured by saving a few dollars that you will sorely regret when you try to make it work!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I dunno i have never owned a shift kit but i dont see much difference from the standard sbp shiftkit .

And thats an extra $40 plus shipping plus import tax total around $205 compared to 100 , not sure what you mean by jump stop but i reckon the 100 kit could easily be modified to be better than sbp who also use the same cheap plastic sprocket guard from what i can see .

again all just my input i don't have nor ever had a shift kit but this $100 kit makes me closer to having one hahah sure the freewheel may be cheap i can get a better one when that one breaks . its not just a few dollars for the price of sbp standard kit i can get 2 zeda kits .

zeda sells a lot of junk with cheap bolt ons claiming to make a billion horsepower. those "dio" reed kits he's doing are interesting though.

zeda sells a lot of junk with cheap bolt ons claiming to make a billion horsepower. those "dio" reed kits he's doing are interesting though.
I agree that is not a good quality kit but some may be able to get use of it or it's parts but they are coming out with some good stuff as well! The dio reed block looks great as does the sleeved cylinder and a variety of heads.

I dunno i have never owned a shift kit but i dont see much difference from the standard sbp shiftkit .

And thats an extra $40 plus shipping plus import tax total around $205 compared to 100 , not sure what you mean by jump stop but i reckon the 100 kit could easily be modified to be better than sbp who also use the same cheap plastic sprocket guard from what i can see .

again all just my input i don't have nor ever had a shift kit but this $100 kit makes me closer to having one hahah sure the freewheel may be cheap i can get a better one when that one breaks . its not just a few dollars for the price of sbp standard kit i can get 2 zeda kits .

I had a look at the link just out of curiosity. It says on the bit about shipping "despatches from Florida" and for the shipping cost "ask seller" so I assume that it will cost just as much to ship as the Sick Bike Parts Shift Kit to have sent over to the EU, and you could still get done for import duty. The difference in price, as a % goes down considerably when you factor that in.

I have read a bit about the cheap knockoff jackshaft kits on here and iirc they have an issue with flex, which the newer genuine S.B.P. kits don't have.

Sick Bike Parts also supply nearly all their kit parts as separate items if you want to build something custom, and their prices are actually pretty reasonable for what you get.
And of course you can get in touch with them and they even visit the forum and help people out with setup issues.. not many of the manufacturers do that.

I have had both SBP shift kits and the Chinese knock offs and you may be blind?
Look at the pics on SBP's website to see what you get.
The plastic chain guard is not what i was mentioning.....

How much is that guaranteed replacement freewheel going to cost you shipped?
There are freewheels and then there are freewheels....

I think you should buy it to learn one of life's lessons, something about pennies and fools?
Anyway I was mainly posting to warn anyone other than you Pommies not to get ripped off....

Where the hell is Pablo? :D

I had a look at the link just out of curiosity. It says on the bit about shipping "despatches from Florida" and for the shipping cost "ask seller" so I assume that it will cost just as much to ship as the Sick Bike Parts Shift Kit to have sent over to the EU, and you could still get done for import duty. The difference in price, as a % goes down considerably when you factor that in.

I have read a bit about the cheap knockoff jackshaft kits on here and iirc they have an issue with flex, which the newer genuine S.B.P. kits don't have.

Sick Bike Parts also supply nearly all their kit parts as separate items if you want to build something custom, and their prices are actually pretty reasonable for what you get.
And of course you can get in touch with them and they even visit the forum and help people out with setup issues.. not many of the manufacturers do that.
That's just their usa warehouse they will ship from china to Ireland free also .
I have had both SBP shift kits and the Chinese knock offs and you may be blind?
Look at the pics on SBP's website to see what you get.
The plastic chain guard is not what i was mentioning.....

How much is that guaranteed replacement freewheel going to cost you shipped?
There are freewheels and then there are freewheels....

I think you should buy it to learn one of life's lessons, something about pennies and fools?
Anyway I was mainly posting to warn anyone other than you Pommies not to get ripped off....

Where the hell is Pablo? :D
Firstly I would like to point out I'm not a pommie I'm irish , the only thing I see different in the kits is the steel bracket which could be fabbed up easy enough , as for the cost of a replacement freewheel I'd reckon about 30€ should get a good sprag freewheel . I was just talking to an irish shop who says he has custom made jackshaft kits for 150€ he sells the zeda ones for the same price oddly enough .

I have no experience with zeda, but I have had a Sick Bike shift kit on for about 3 seasons now, and am really happy with it, and with the service I got from SBP. Having said that, I have done some modifications to the kit to make it more robust, but now it's pretty bullet proof, and WAY more fun to ride. Chain tension, and sprocket alignment are critical. As well, the optional left side chain tensioner - in my opinion, is a must, not for it's tensioning capability as much as the fact that it provides a third jackshaft bearing, which really stiffens up the whole set-up.
These kits do add quite a bit of complexity to the bike, so for me I wouldn't risk buying a lesser quality set-up. - They're fun when they work, but a pain when they fail.

Did anyone notice that the kit looks like bikeberry's but the image of the installed kit in the listing is obviously a sickbikeparts kit.

The 100 kit, I've seen the freewheel blow just from a handful of starts. Sickbikeparts has not had any problems like this with parts, at least nothing that was sent to me or friends.

The best part of sbp kits is that beefy 1 piece bracket, the 3 piece kits leave a lot of wiggle room so by that nature to you have to be extra careful setting up alignment. The other nice part is that vertical tension rod, that is not part of the other kit, and from my point of view seems a little difficult to retrofit a good way to lift the motor to proper tension on that cheaper kit.

Bottom line I would probably prefer the sickbikeparts Kit with all the good quality parts, the other kit has no compatibility with the new bullet train engine either. Only a sbp would work if you wanted to do it.

Back