$100 jackshaft kits from zeda

If you don't mind the fab work and you want cheap. Just buy the cheapest jackshaft you can find ($30) and make your own. I've been looking into it for a year now and seen all the options out there! I don't want all the fab work and I want bullit proof one way bearings. So the best option for me is to save up a little more money and then I'm going with the sick bikes. Hell it took me a year to build this bike and I have about $1,000 in it now! I love it! So for me there no need to rush and replace later. I've learned if you want a bike that will last and be hassle free, nothing is straight out of the box! I've been reading this form and doing my home work. Mainly letting other people make my mistakes for me. lol I've found tapping into the huge amount of knowledge of this form has been priceless! Thank to everyone for all there help

Where the hell is Pablo? :D

Just got back in town.

I will refrain from negative comments other than to say companies like this didn't borrow and improve, they just stole something that looks a bit our original 2007 design and missed a few things.

Funny thing is they didn't steal any of the smart stuff. They ran with all the bad ideas.

Funny thing is they didn't steal any of the smart stuff. They ran with all the bad ideas.
And then they said, "let's see how many suckers we can get with 100 dollars."

Seriously though how much reliability do you get from something of that nature for just $100? I think my front freewheel and sprockets just surpass that price and are pretty durable as is but could in fact be better with the newest parts from sbp.

That leaves the rest of the kit a bit bland for quality parts. The price tag on this kinda makes me think I'll get more trouble than it's worth. I've actually seen the trouble first hand but that's another issue.

I vote Pablo for Jackshaft President. It's probably irresponsible to recommend something that could fail after pissing you off, then killing you on a ride through town. I feel better just recommending sbp.

Again they are probably using the downright cheapest parts available, so you'll definitely get exactly what you pay for. Comes to mind of a 100 dollar violin I bought once, it sounded like s**t no matter who played it. Safe to say it's probably in a garbage heap now I can't even remember how I stopped owning it other than I was more than happy to give it away, and I can't even remember who I gave it too it was that lousy.

Yeah you really get what you pay for. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I have purchased 2 jackshaft kits in my lifetime. It was years ago. On both I had problems with the jackshaft chain touching the chain that goes to the rear wheel when switching to higher gears. What is a good way to remedy this? My bike performs well but I want to get a jackshaft kit and a pipe that will have more power in a smaller rev range since I'll be able to keep the rpms where I want.

I have purchased 2 jackshaft kits in my lifetime. It was years ago. On both I had problems with the jackshaft chain touching the chain that goes to the rear wheel when switching to higher gears. What is a good way to remedy this? My bike performs well but I want to get a jackshaft kit and a pipe that will have more power in a smaller rev range since I'll be able to keep the rpms where I want.
Add a spacer washer or two on the bolts holding the sprockets to the front freewheel so the outer gear sits further away from the frame of the bike. My bike had it when I had a derailleur, my friend's current bike has the same thing, just add an equivalently thick washer to the keyed shaft between the gear and the bearing to keep the vertical chain aligned. Solves everything regarding that, other than our pedal cranks needing a shallow groove added to clear the heads of said bolts.

BikeBuilder43, you got any photos of your bike? I would love to see your chainring installation. There may be a simple solution to your problem but would like to see your installation before I comment.

Sorry, guess I misunderstood. I saw a quote above noting that you had purchased 2 kits but were having issues with the chains.

Back