100 Miles per gallon....

Snorks

Local time
8:56 PM
Hi there,
I'm new to the forum, although fantasies about motorising pushbikes have been part of me for the last 25 years!
I love small engines & minibikes,scooters & motorised pushbikes. I once supercharged a 50cc Honda minibike using a homemade rotary vein blower with 19mm Delorto flatslide carb....sounded like a dentist drill. In the last few years I've purchased a number of solex's. mostly from the mid 60's and a more recent hungarian repro.Also an old RAP -a 50cc 2speed 2 stroke dutch moped from the mid 50's with a REX engine. I'm currently in Africa but am moving back home to Melbourne Australia next month. I'm leaving all the bikes here on display at my father in laws shop..... soooooo when I arrive home i'll be looking for a new project.
Nothing grates on me more than seeing a tiny 65-70kg person driving around town in a HUGE 2ton 4WD guzzling 14litres of precious fuel every 100kms! Does anyone else feel this way?
I've often searched the web for motorised bikes but never come across this forum before? So glad I did.
cheers
Simon

Hey Snorks! You got any pics of the bikes you left behind?
What are you planning on building? What engine?

Welcome to MBc!

You made it home.

Hi there,
I'm new to the forum although I've been interested in motorising pushbkes for 25 years! During that time I've....
handcrafted a supercharger for a honda 50cc minibike, owned a number of velo solex's,gathered a vast model aircraft engine collection & tuned some to over 22,000+ rpm ,messed about with a dozen or so minibikes,lawnmowers etc.etc.
I love small capacity engines & have searched the web so many times for motorised pushbikes, but for some reason have never come across this site?
Looks like a great group-glad to be part of it!
cheers
Simon

welcome!

Hello and welcome to MBc, home of many answers and a great bunch of people!...good luck on your endeavors and happy motoring..:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, just joined yesterday. I too think this is a great group. If you have any questions, I'm sure somebody here can answer em.

sorry about my double posting, I'm still trying to find my way around the forum
Here's a few pics.
cheers
Simon

Attachments

• IMG_4044.jpg
    IMG_4044.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_4045.jpg
    IMG_4045.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 264
Back