100cc Boxer Twin Cylinder Engine - it only needs is a jackshaft

......Does the GEBE kit have functionality to allow a 9 speed cassette to be slotted inbetween the engine and rear wheel?
If it doesn't it's a completely pointless and useless system, just like any single speed drive train.

Fabian

Face it guys, nothing is going to make this guy happy until he gets his drivers license back and buys a motorcycle or car.

Vtec, I dont want to go down any hill loaded or otherwise without great brakes. (I like my body and hate pain, and have taken several bad falls with an extreme case of road rash OUCH) BTW I have 8 gears and 3 more in front, and my GEBE kicks in very fast after 4 to 5 pedal revolutions in 24th gear.

Vtec, I dont want to go down any hill loaded or otherwise without great brakes. (I like my body and hate pain, and have taken several bad falls with an extreme case of road rash OUCH) BTW I have 8 gears and 3 more in front, and my GEBE kicks in very fast after 4 to 5 pedal revolutions in 24th gear.

I dont understand????

I didnt say anything about brakes... I hate pain too.

Fabian wanted the extra gears to go faster while traveling downhill... not to use the lower gears to slow himself down.

dear vtec

I do need to advise that my gross loaded trailer weight is mostly around 40 - 45 kilos (88 - 100 lbs), and occasionally around 60 kilos (132 lbs) and i've towed 75 kilos a few times on short trips from my house to the petrol station (otherwise known as the gas station) fueling up 2 Jerry Cans, and otherwise only on a serious hill climb; testing out the low range crawler gear for component strength and durability.

Stopping the bike with 40 kilos is quite easy and i can agressively bring the bike to a standstill. With 60 kilos on board, the weight is noticeable under braking and you need to be careful not to spike the brakes otherwise the bike/trailer combo will try and jack knife, though is an easy situation to fix if you feel the back end starting to get pushed out of line; it's still not a problem to bring the bike to a fast stop if you know what you're doing.
Now 75 kilos under brakes is a totally different kettle of fish: you are fully aware that it's not going to be a walk in the park if a full emergency stop is required, and the weight is seriously playing with the bike's handling dynamics - challenging riding dynamics would be the word.
Having said that, it would be obvious that the speed of travel is significantly reduced, firstly because of the towed weight slowing the bike down and secondly because safe stopping distances require a much reduced speed; in my case, approx 20 miles an hour on the straight going downhill and about 12 miles an hour around bends.

At the end of the day, bike operation falls into the hands of the operator and he/she must know the safe speeds of travel under various load conditions and also tested the machinery to have prior knowledge of the safe operational limits.

Fabian

ps the front chain ring crawler sprocket driving the smallest sprocket on the cassette gives a top speed (going downhill) of approx 20 miles an hour and my bike has a serious set of disk brakes, though i want serious overkill by having an engineer make a 12 inch front rotor (2.5mm thick) and matching brake caliper extension bracket.
So far i've travelled 3300 miles (5500 kilometers) in total safety, towing a variety of loads under various conditions and distances, but i'm sensible about what i do and how i go about it.

Last edited:
Dear Mr Gh0st

You have made another stupendous bumbling blunder in your assertion that i don't have a drivers licence, just like your previous catastrophic blunder that i've never purchased product from a vendor/manufacturer on this site

You said: Face it guys, nothing is going to make this guy happy until he gets his drivers license back and buys a motorcycle or car.

I can advise that i do indeed not only have a valid car licence but also a valid motorcycle licence (owning both types of vehicle that my drivers licence allows) but i choose to travel by motored bike whenever i can (which is quite often) as i find it a far more enjoyable and interesting way to travel.

Kind regards

Fabian

Last edited:
and vtec,

If i could use the gears to slow down, it would be a very useful mode of operation, but then you have to ask yourself - why stop there - take the concept of safety further and propose a method of compression braking by installing a jake brake

Last edited:
Hmmm, lively board :]

Was wondering about this gearing system, you can actually "downshift" as in use engine breaking to slow yourself down? I thought these gearboxes were based off a bikes stock gearsystem on the rear hub?

-Confused,
Jeff

Also as far as a motor for your bike Fabian, I would look into finding a beat up (hard to "wreck") Honda CRF 50cc dirt/pitbike and take the engine from that, then I would do 88cc big bore bolt on to it, and wala problems solved. Of course a Honda 50cc is much more expensive then these Chinese ones, but I know my 88cc CRF50 pulls hard and moves quick with plenty of torque.

Hi slaquers

Your idea sounds appealing.
Can you post a few, clear, hi-res pics of your bike/engine combination.
I'm curious as to the physical size of the Honda CRF50 and it's attachment to your bicycle frame.

Cheers Fabian

Back