118cc lifan build

I'm gonna search ideas for mounting Predators in cruiser bikes. I'm sure someone has fabbed something before. not sure if I'll use that universal mounting plate, the ends are heavy cast iron, but it does have the mount pattern on the bottom plate.

yeah I thought about upright mount. I'm asking KC Vale if he's done anything like this, like an extended length plate. I do have a friend runs a sheetmetal shop also that might copy a standard mount plate just longer. I'll use the aluminum blocks underneath for more support so it's not flexy
def gonna be a fun build! keepyas posted!

framemockup.jpg

got my clutch in, and just mocking up where it sits in the frame. most stretch cruisers have the engine way forward I see, but more back the drive chain is shorter and better pedal clearance. not sure about weight balance. never did anything like this! a 6" crank arm will clear but if it's longer, then hafta get a really wide spindle.
oh I saw this pipe aint gonna make it on this frame lol!

That clutch is awesome! That is what made up my mind when it comes to wanting a 4 stroke. This is going to be such a cool bike.

20190126_080438.jpg20190203_151600.jpg20190127_163720.jpg20190120_002231.jpg
20190203_165255.jpg
20190203_165309.jpg
20190203_165122.jpg

this rotor is huge! 203mm wanna go 55mph? no worries it'll stop u cold,, widen the dropouts, and open them for the 1/2" axle. All mounted up with a 27.5 x 2.8", I see I could've went with a 3" tire, but I don't understand why a bike tire has to be more $ than a car's??
I think I'm gonna put hydraulic calipers. May respoke another rim, too. the actual 2.5" width doesn't look fat enough for a 2.8 on this rim

Interesting thread. I’ve toyed with the idea of putting a rtc9 head on a 120. Don’t remember the specs but I think I recall that the edge to edge of valves is smaller than the bore of the 120. If so, you could cut it down probably about .070” or so and call it a big valve/hi flow head for the small motors. Good size for bikes. The 212 has too much torque. Eats frames and parts.

Also kinda cool would be a destroked 160 in a 200 block to reduce rod angle for prolonged high rpm. Of course there are going to be some compatibility issues. Something I’ll never do but like to dream about when I’m taking a number 2.

swapping a head really hasn't interested me bcs I could rework the stock one not too hard. but seeing threads on the RTC heads, it's more a high rpm upgrade the kart guys r saying. I have to keep speeds down, but being these clones are easy to do just about anything with, it's a wonder there isn't more of em besides just everyone doing a 212 :p
There is life below 212cc's!!

Back