118cc lifan build

I included a screenshot of the gear ratio calc with the sprocket sizes 2 posts ago. It was input to meet 9.6:1 ratio. Here's what the setup was, just want to make sure all looks good so I can order the rest of the parts : )

RPM 2500
Motor sprocket 10t
Jackshaft input sprocket 32t
Jackshaft output sprocket 12t
Axel sprocket 36t
Tire height 26"

Cheers!

some error comes with the tire size, bcs they can be taller. my 26" is 26.8 and 27.5" is actually 28.2,,
a jackshaft input 32T is too big but you might get away with it depending whete it's mounted. i like smaller on JS like 22-26 then bigger on the rear, like 40T + so there is less mass spinning at higher js rpm and the heaviest gear on the wheel turning slower.

I'm on phone so I don't have the calc handy to give you different combinations of gearing that would give 9.6:1 or 30mph@3500 rpm. I'll jump on the pc when I get home in the morning. I work midnites

goverened 4 strokes top at 3550-3650. they have much more balls than what its limited and even 10 bricks in your backpack will still rev to that. esp 79cc up,,
2 strokes redline isn't quite the same, they are free to rev what they can. bottom line 4 strokes are predictable and very consistent thats why I'm going to convert you all hahahaha!

The bricks were suggested to simulate the weight of the engine so he can determine a safe handling speed of the trike so he can have an idea of what to gear for. You'll never convert me lol. I put two cycle oil in my goldwing gas just to see it smoke lol jk. A little quiet 4 stroke will more than likely be my next build.

Thank you for the feed back. I have attached a new sprocket layout that ends in a 9.45:1 ratio. Is this the one I should opt for?

RPM 2500
Motor sprocket 10t
Jackshaft input sprocket 26t
Jackshaft output sprocket 11t
Axel sprocket 40t
Tire height 26"

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190221-110147_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190221-110147_Chrome.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 238
I have 1 coming for next bike. I was looking at using a cvt, but then I'd have to go with a jack shaft too or a HUGE rear sprocket to get an acceptable gear ratio. a chain drive for 79cc predator will fit. everyone is making Honda clones, but the bore and stroke are slightly bigger than the 79, 99cc cousins. other than shrouds and tank, it looks like so many others
LifanPowerUSA has some tech pdf's if you poke around their site a bit, incl a lot of dimensions and stuff ads don't mention. mine is LF160F-AQ
I'm gonna love the low end pull the 118cc will give. 2x more than HS 49cc haha.

Home Depot is where I got mine for, $139 +tax. I'll update as I piece it into my frame

How big of a sprocket would you be using? I am going to be putting a CVT on mine here soon just don't know what size sprocket would be the best for reasonable speed (30-40 mph).

my back sprocket I'll test with jackshaft is 40T but that's pretty small and mostly for some good speed. without a JS, you probably should run 52T or bigger and don't WOT or you'll be doing 45+ lol. see if you can find a 56 tooth sprocket

Back