118cc lifan build

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
6:52 AM
Hey guys first post on here I was intrigued by the idea of using a lifan 4mhp engine and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Is it a Honda clone? Can racing parts be used in it? (Gx120 parts) I already know it is a 0.75 in or 3/4 shaft. It may be possible to use the 79cc transmissions, the cnc plates have slotted holes but a 3/4 centrifugal clutch would be used in place of the 5/8 it would be in between power bigger than the old 99cc predator but not as big as the 212s.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
I have 1 coming for next bike. I was looking at using a cvt, but then I'd have to go with a jack shaft too or a HUGE rear sprocket to get an acceptable gear ratio. a chain drive for 79cc predator will fit. everyone is making Honda clones, but the bore and stroke are slightly bigger than the 79, 99cc cousins. other than shrouds and tank, it looks like so many others
LifanPowerUSA has some tech pdf's if you poke around their site a bit, incl a lot of dimensions and stuff ads don't mention. mine is LF160F-AQ
I'm gonna love the low end pull the 118cc will give. 2x more than HS 49cc haha.

Home Depot is where I got mine for, $139 +tax. I'll update as I piece it into my frame

Cool I wanted to build one with this motor might end up selling the old 79cc to get some money back because somehow it has spark again when it didn't before. Might re use the transmission plate and get a 3/4 gopowersports clutch. Hopefully it can actually move without pedaling unlike the 79cc. 40mph though?

20180811_080441.jpg20180811_080330.jpg
got the engine but forgot to look online for a coupon. throttle was locked tight, so I had to loosen up the pivot bolt a lot.
gawd the tank is huge! pretty sure I'll toss it. maybe someone wants it? holds 4L. even LifanPowerUSA didn't have accurate spec on it. they say .9gal 3.4L,,,
custom length header coming soon too

let's build some powerful bikes haha

View attachment 83232View attachment 83233
got the engine but forgot to look online for a coupon. throttle was locked tight, so I had to loosen up the pivot bolt a lot.
gawd the tank is huge! pretty sure I'll toss it. maybe someone wants it? holds 4L. even LifanPowerUSA didn't have accurate spec on it. they say .9gal 3.4L,,,
custom length header coming soon too

let's build some powerful bikes haha
I would keep the tank as a spare you never know if you're going to need one. Or you could sell it to some kid that wants to build a gokart for like $10 or something. I would get one of the 3L tanks. I recommend using a micargi predator bike. It should have plenty of room in the frame it is a stretched beach cruiser.

IDK, I keep looking at moped tanks or maybe an under the rack type. keep us posted on how your project comes along! I'll try not to hijack your thread hehe

Last edited:
IDK, I keep looking at moped tanks or maybe an under the rack type. keep us posted on how your project comes along! I'll try not to hijack your thread hehe
Don't worry about it I don't plan on building a bike with the 118 yet. I have a 2 stroke on the bike now. Rode it around the yard and down the driveway. Got no pedals though. I just hate to spend alot on something that breaks often. Makes me want to just buy a road legal moped or scooter that doesn't look ugly lol. Atleast I wouldn't be fixing things after every ride. The lifan is only $40 more than a 79 so it seems like a better choice pay 40 more and get a whole hp more.

ever change your mind about how you want a bike to be? I have the trans and centrifugal clutch coming today, but yesterday I decided I want one of the real clutches from 3dmotorsport. but I'm not going about this in a normal way lol. I'll have the engine/drivetrain done before even settled on what frame. I found this sweet custom chopper bike looks like it's begging for a motor. lemme see if I can put a pic

Back