118cc lifan build

getting closer, but looks like this will be an over winter project. I can't squeeze the 118 into a Hyper cruiser even with a short head without cutting and welding.
20180823_184700.jpg

still puzzling on a frame bcs I got a Hyper cruiser then discovered I have to move the seatpost back 1.8"
I'm currently prepping throttle linkage, exhaust and velocity stack for electroplating (pics soon!)
also waiting on Zoom forks but having trouble with a stem. no idea what size, length to get and they're like $30+. I'd hate to go wrong. all I know is I have 1-1/8 threadless.

Just figure out how tall your headset is and how tall your head tube is, add them together and thats the minimum length your steerer tube has to be. Threadless makes it a little easier if you go too long.

still puzzling on a frame bcs I got a Hyper cruiser then discovered I have to move the seatpost back 1.8"
I'm currently prepping throttle linkage, exhaust and velocity stack for electroplating (pics soon!)
also waiting on Zoom forks but having trouble with a stem. no idea what size, length to get and they're like $30+. I'd hate to go wrong. all I know is I have 1-1/8 threadless.
If you have the same hyper I do it's 1" threaded.

Something like that happened with me I ordered a 1 1/8 front fork but the bike had a threaded 1 inch fork. I ended up getting a threadless rock shox knockoff for like $70 with suspension and a disc brake mount. Didn't fit the gasbike disc brake caliper though.

the ones I ordered and headset are 1-1/8, id of head tube is only abt 31.5mm IIRC so I was planning to mill off a few thou from the bearing cups to make them fit. seems straightforward to me, even making a spacer from something I have laying around. but the headset may not have enough material to safely remove ~.040 tho. sigh. I really wanted to use this frame and fork but maybe just easier to save it and just get something else. keepyas posted! too many irons in the fire... I have a steampunk build like nobody's seen before too. Sshhh! top secret lol

modifying the frame this weekend with a friend's help to weld. here's the before shot
20180829_074230.jpg20180829_074418.jpg

well, I hadn't put any more time into this 4 stroke build until I finish this 2 stroke head, but it's close to done so I'm thinking if I want to save the Hyper frame for a summer 66cc bike and stuff this Lifan into a Genesis Onyx... all my bikes are for me and 26" is a bit small for me. the genesis is 29" and will be my Spring ride

Back