118cc lifan build

Hey guys this is about the lifan. The Aussie with a gx160 goes 60mph he said. If jerboa gets the performance parts he will easily go faster than the kit engines. If he does the right gearing mid 50’s probably. If he keeps it stock probably not. 118cc over a 66cc 2 stroke. The very top for those is maybe 40 because a pk 80 goes high 30’s in my case. I’m not talking about modeefications. eBay specials even less. The reason some go faster is probably because they’re stick people. Lol. As for the huasheng that should go on another thread. He has the 3dmotorsports clutch which will be interesting.

Last edited:
I bench ran the motor no load it turns 4220rpm. I want to run 8.67:1 with the 28.2" tire gearcalc gives me 40mph top. but I have a couple different JS gears for 6.94:1 and thatd top it at ~50 but wouldn't accelerate quick. too tall. need a shifter to get best of both worlds.
I ported the head little bit and mod the governor but it's a stock cam so I guesstimate 4.8hp. once it's built I'll do speed runs :D

painting the forks now. it's slow going :p

Whats up Boys been a minute,

I am new to all of this but for those kind of speeds and reliability why not just run a torque converter which gives 3:1 to a jack shaft at a 6:1, if my understanding is correct wouldnt that give you 18:1 off the line and 6:1 once up to full speed? No need for shifting and seems like less to go wrong.

Cheers!

I'm about ready to paint the forks but don't have any tape to mask off the seals n tubes. so I pulled the head and wanted to see if there was anything I needed to do. actually as far as porting it, don't worry about it unless you're out for perfection. very generous runners and straight shot to in/ex valves. there is no flash or burrs in there. valve guide could be rounded 1 edge, but you really wouldn't gain anything.
I did reliability mods like bevel edges of pushrod guide plate n oil return holes but other than gasket matching to carb n pipe, nothing you can do for free. see the cute little valves? lol. they could be bigger, there's room.
oh! I found this little cup or cap on my lap. must've come out of the head but f*** me, I don't know what it is! any clues?
20190421_022254.jpg20190421_022310.jpg20190421_022427.jpg
20190421_023520.jpg
20190420_235501.jpg

ok,, whew! figured it out, it sits on the exhaust valve. guess it helps with the heat /wear and trap oil under.
20190421_031231.jpg20190421_031244.jpg

Those rockers are crooked in the pics, need to get right on that capiche? Nice work, JerboaJohn aka ThePerfectionist!

Oh! I found this little cup or cap on my lap. must've come out of the head but f*** me, I don't know what it is! any clues?
View attachment 87086
Lashcap probably wouldn't even run without it. I still need to figure out why my 79cc won't run. I am kinda liking the ida of a larger output OHC engine seems easier to time and more efficient.

Back