12 Volt Generator from Gasbike

View attachment 74468

Has anyone ever bought one of these and had a successful install? Does the little white tabs need to remain on the back side of the gen unit? Bike wouldn't start after I installed it. The white tabs on the back broke off .

Did I just waste my money???

There is this guy on YouTube who says he was able to build a 12v generator to work with the 49cc HuaSheng engine but he didn't say how he build it

View attachment 74468

Has anyone ever bought one of these and had a successful install? Does the little white tabs need to remain on the back side of the gen unit? Bike wouldn't start after I installed it. The white tabs on the back broke off .

Did I just waste my money???
Did you get it to work? Did you put it in backwards? It would be hard install baackwards noway it could fit the thing has to be grounded. Unless I'm wacky on thought you should not need the white stickems. I was wondering about the plastic foil should that come off. Also notice right wear the the mag is turning on it comes in contact with the plastic I took the plastic off on the 2 side could that be the problem? But it magnetic goes through material electricity would cause a short break.

yes i bought 1 and yes i wasted my money one of the white things broke off and never but about 5 seconds got a light to work off it then on inspection the metal tab broke off i told the company about it and nothing became of it and i wont mention its name but shame on you king motorized bike parts 25 bucks wasted
I got the same problem the tab did not break off it fell off have you tried to repair it by solder? My bike was giving me worry problems loss of power occassional short out I took it off the damn tab just fell apart got lights coming in next week worried I will have more short out think I'll solder it and use electric tape to insulate it. 30 f***ing dollars thing creates problem I don't need falls apart before I claim its more Gazbike junk.

I bought one It was broken when I got it. I waited a long time to get it. I I took all wire off and rewound it with a seperate ground lead. Then I put on a 4 wire Rectifier/regulator from A GY6 to a 12v battery (small 5amp AGM battery) and mine has been working very well. It only outputs 12 watts of power but I have had no issues Runninh a headlamp tail light and turn signals (all LED) with the system I even left my lights on and killed the battery and it charged it back up so it's obviously working well enough for my usage. You need the GY6 rectifier and regulator because the coil is Outputting AC at varying voltages depending on RPM at 5500 it was Outputting close to 25v AC. That will destroy a battery fast and you need the battery to act as a buffer cause at idle it barely makes 6 volts.

Back