12 Volt Lighting System Challenge

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 4613

OK, I am challenging or seeking solutions for the following circuit:
I have invented a way of getting tons of generated watts (40-90) from a four stroke 49cc Honda or Grubee 49 cc engine, plenty enough for halogen lighting, the works. Here's the challenge: Create a low cost circuit that uses a 12 volt battery. The input on the battery may be as high as 60 volts, direct current. As the engine revs, the voltage varies, so it has to be regulated down to 12 volts. The voltage range can be adjusted but it always will be in a wide range as the engine goes from idle to 6500 rpm. A twelve volt sytsem is much preferred; it opens up plenty of 12 volt auto lights, bulbs, etc. Mike

Mike,

With all due respect, why would anyone put time and effort into designing a detailed solution to your problem and then share it with you, when you yourself won't share the technical details related to your specific design for generating "40-90 watts" of electrical power from your Grubee kit? Oh, and, by "technical details," I mean schematics, blown-out mechanical drawings, part numbers, etc., NOT an 'ooh look at my lights stay on' grainy youtube video.

Clearly, the intended byproduct of this inquiry was to be a drop-in module for your lighting project, a project on which you have previously talked about obtaining patent protection. This is somewhat laughable to me, as you apparently fully expect people on this forum to become, in essence, your unpaid employees, by designing a circuit for your "patent pending" (see your youtube video description) generator system. As far as we know, you would then claim "public disclosure" on OUR posted design and then incorporate it directly into your for-profit system. Your attitude and behavior throughout your post history have given me no reason to believe otherwise.

Based on my experiences here, it seems to me that this forum is intended to facilitate open discussion and sharing of ideas between motored bike enthusiasts, not to give potential future vendors unpaid labor and creativity to take advantage of.

Therefore, until you publicly post a detailed technical description of the design and manufacture of your "40-90 watt" lighting system without patent, you'll receive no help from me. I can only speak for myself, though, so maybe others will be more willing to donate their time to the growth of your checking account.

Best regards,
Rock

Ok, so don't participate. Do what you feel. But pLease don't impune my intentions as you
don't know what my patent application covers, and what I or anyone would do with a
solution. Maybe you have a crystal ball. I don't know. If I saw another solution, I might ask the creator to join me in a joint patent application, or just choose to release the solution here on this site to users following complete testing. At least I'm willing always to bare the cost and time of testing; I'm not just talk.

My approach would be a pulse width regulation. Essentially, at a high frequency, (100 khz or so,) you provide a pulse of the high input voltage DC to a filter capacitor. And, you monitor the capacitor voltage. When the cap voltage reaches the upper limit, you turn off the pulse. Then, when the cap voltage falls below a slightly lower, lower limit, you start the next pulse. repeat. This results in a DC voltage with a small, hi frequency sawtooth waveform superimposed on it. Add a small inductor/cap final filter, & you should be good to go.

With this approach, the input voltage can swing through a very wide range, and you can still control the output voltage. (when the input voltage is low, and/or the output current load high, the DC pulse will be wide. When the input voltage is high, and/or the output current is low, the pulse is narrow. And, it's very efficient, as the bulk of power loss occurs only when the output driver MOSFET is switching from "On" to "Off", and the reverse.

To continue I would need a complete schematic or circuit diagram and parts list. If you provide, I will buy the parts and test your concept. Remember the battery needs over-charge protection, and the headlamp must always stay on during the day. It's the law here in Illinois.

Really??

I know this thread is relatively old but its still very amusing. After he gets those schematics for ya would you like him to bring your grocerys over and walk your dog? Come down off it, and put in a little effort. If your ideas are more than just that, this problem "challenge" should be an easy fix. When you do get it figured out, post your findings. If that is too much to ask of you then perhaps you should isolate yourself from reality and wait for the world to wait on you... oh wait.

I have spent considerable time and money on the problem already, and just recently, I began working on a new solution, one that is cheaper. So far, I appear to be the only inventor that has developed a solution offering 40-90 watts of power, using a 4 stroke engine. I invite anyone to develop a solution.

I know about the grubee solution and I wish he would offer a complete solution on the engines he ships to the US, but at this point he does not. Why, I don't know. I would prefer this feature standard on all 4 strokes, rather than someone like me developing an add-on, which is always more expensive.

I think we all can agree that we prefer this feature standard on all 4 strokes, rather than someone like you developing an add-on.

Back