125 shifter scooter

125 cc 2stroke shifter scooter. not much to say, besides this thing is LOOONNG. will post pics as a i go
IMG_0414.jpeg
IMG_0414.jpeg

1669752913793.jpeg

those runs on the fender are on the back side. making it thick, cause im lazy and no one will see that, and i want a dry side to hold onto for the second coat on the front.
1669753131126.jpeg

Lookit that beautiful orange finish. Man I love good paint!
1669753205750.jpeg

Heres those gas tank straps. they need to be jb welded or strapped to the side of the tank, due to the thin plastic mounting ridge on the bottom. in the snowblower this came off, it was supported around the neck to prevent failure, by a plastic cowling. obviously not practical on a scooter.

View attachment 183440
those runs on the fender are on the back side. making it thick, cause im lazy and no one will see that, and i want a dry side to hold onto for the second coat on the front.
View attachment 183442
Lookit that beautiful orange finish. Man I love good paint!
View attachment 183443
Heres those gas tank straps. they need to be jb welded or strapped to the side of the tank, due to the thin plastic mounting ridge on the bottom. in the snowblower this came off, it was supported around the neck to prevent failure, by a plastic cowling. obviously not practical on a scooter.
Redneck, what paint is that? Or what is the paint code on that orange paint. I love it!!! Some cobalt blue metallic would pair awesome with that orange. Can we all say SEXY!!!

Redneck, what paint is that? Or what is the paint code on that orange paint. I love it!!! Some cobalt blue metallic would pair awesome with that orange. Can we all say SEXY!!!
Thanks. The best paint period, Seymour MRO, code 620-1451 aka Safety Orange, (ironic huh?) ridiculously expensive, i got it on sale at amazon (they discontinued the old can design/graphics) i bought like 5 cans for the price of 3 malwart cans. I am trying to get thier safety blue or cobalt blue, to replace the current blue. I use krylons best paint, and the quality is nowhere near. I use Krylon Fusion "metalic deep grey" for the flat grey sheetmetal, and Krylon Fusion "gloss true blue" for the accents.

that paint says it has 4x the solids, and i think that is what does it. if you dont shake it, all that comes out is the clear resin.\

pic wont attatch

Thanks. The best paint period, Seymour MRO, code 620-1451 aka Safety Orange, (ironic huh?) ridiculously expensive, i got it on sale at amazon (they discontinued the old can design/graphics) i bought like 5 cans for the price of 3 malwart cans. I am trying to get thier safety blue or cobalt blue, to replace the current blue. I use krylons best paint, and the quality is nowhere near. I use Krylon Fusion "metalic deep grey" for the flat grey sheetmetal, and Krylon Fusion "gloss true blue" for the accents.

that paint says it has 4x the solids, and i think that is what does it. if you dont shake it, all that comes out is the clear resin.\

pic wont attatch
Thanks redneck! I cant believe that is safety orange paint, I thought most of the time it was a matte finish, but it sure looks good on your shifter bike. Oh & yes I like krylon fusion paint, it's by far some of their best paint. I used the fusion paint on a rc car plastic frame, because it really adheres to plastic. But it also works great on about any type of material. Also if you get the rust-oleum paint that says 2x or 3x coverage, that paint comes in a rattle can & is the only paint that will work with the can upside down. Thanks again.

Thanks redneck! I cant believe that is safety orange paint, I thought most of the time it was a matte finish, but it sure looks good on your shifter bike. Oh & yes I like krylon fusion paint, it's by far some of their best paint. I used the fusion paint on a rc car plastic frame, because it really adheres to plastic. But it also works great on about any type of material. Also if you get the rust-oleum paint that says 2x or 3x coverage, that paint comes in a rattle can & is the only paint that will work with the can upside down. Thanks again.
i have many paint cans that only spray upsideown, the straws break off inside.
Krylon fusion is ok, but not great. adheres well to metal, but no luck with plastic.
also i am amazed how bright that safety orange is. in was expecting ultra high gloss, but not that bright orange.
IMG_0128.jpeg

i have many paint cans that only spray upsideown, the straws break off inside.
Krylon fusion is ok, but not great. adheres well to metal, but no luck with plastic.
also i am amazed how bright that safety orange is. in was expecting ultra high gloss, but not that bright orange.
View attachment 183451
Yeah I think the fusion paint I used on rc car said Krylon Fusion for plastic but I may be mistaken. That MRO paint is probably $20-25/can I imagine.

got it painted, this is gonna be the final color. it is so much nicer than that outlandish ultra hi gloss orange. XD started making exhaust guard.

also need a super short shifter. (less than 4 in mount to bottom) may look at some 20 in bikes, but 3 in bolt to bolt is the shortest shifter i have (shimano acera) i may have to make a mid chain homade shifter.
1671281808622.jpeg

I have began the tedious process of swapping everything over to a modified 5 speed peerless 700 trans. engine gets rotated 90 degrees,, and ist gonna get 20 lbs even heavier, uuughh. it isnt going to be a burn hazard anymore though

Back