125cc Bicycle engine help?

agrmodz

Local time
5:50 PM
I'm thinking of putting together a 125cc motorised bike together, i'm just trying to figure out what frame would house the massive 125cc engine best and what motor would be the easiest to mount? also 2 stroke or 4 stroke?
What would i have to change on the engine to make it mountable?
If someone could sell me one already put together that would be amazing!
Thanks!

While my own experience is limited 125cc and bike frames might not go well together and could be dangerous without dropping a lot of work and money into them and the setup. Bikes weren't mean to go that much faster than 30/40 or deal with that kind of torque. My advice is to start small and then see if that's still the kind of thing you're after once you know you need it.

While my own experience is limited 125cc and bike frames might not go well together and could be dangerous without dropping a lot of work and money into them and the setup. Bikes weren't mean to go that much faster than 30/40 or deal with that kind of torque. My advice is to start small and then see if that's still the kind of thing you're after once you know you need it.
Guess it's a good thing I'm putting a 9hp 212cc on a 60 year old bike frame;):p

Yeah, i've built loads of 49-80cc motorised bikes,i want to try something a little different, i'm just trying to figure out the perfect frame and stuff.. obviously the bike is going to have to have heaps of upgrades so it doesn't fall apart.....

Woah, send me pictures when your done!!!

it will never happen.
motorcycle engines are too heavy and too wide for a bicycle frame.

At least the frames from 1950 were built to be thrown off a building into a subway system to be run over by a dozen trains and still be usable... I'd like to see pictures when it's finished that's too damn cool. Need a test pilot?

I have a harbor freight 6..5 hp that I originally planned to use in a go-kart. The thing would be simple too wide at 14 inches to be used in a standard bike frame, although the torque and reliability is great.

Back