12mm thru axle conversion

I haven't had one of those apart and I assume the bearings are pressed in by the nut on each end? There might be a ridge
on each end on the inside of the bearing where it seats against it? I guess to get the assembly out a fella would have to
press the assembly out using a hardened bolt pressed against the sheared stud. That would press the other bearing out
on the reverse side while the wheel is sitting on two blocks of wood. Someone that assembled the bearing assembly
got carried away torquing the assembly into place by over tightening the nut causing a crack to develop. You are lucky
you didn't have an accident with the bike when that broke off!

Hi you'll.
I just bought a Gemini rear hub. I have a cdh power 3.4l frame with 10mm rear axle drop outs.
The new hub has a 12mm threw axle.
I was wondering if anybody had good results modifying there rear drop outs to fit a 12mm axle?
I'm building a hybrid and figured the 12mm axle is probably the way to go for the extra power.
My idea is to file the top of the drop out 2mm up since the top is the beefier or find exactly where my axle will sit on the drop out after adjusted and drill 12mm hole threw drop out. I figured this would b good for making sure the wheel stays put, but doesn't leave room for adjusting for chain stretch.
Any edvise is welcomed
I use the same hub and frame. You just need to file out the drop out so the the 12mm bolt fits. Use a flat file and only take material off one side of the drop our. I filed the top side of the drop out. Took about 5 mins a side.

Back