12v lighting & safety system project-an MBc Community Effort

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Augi,
You done got me athink'n. I've got a red 12v tail light, thats already run through a thermal flasher. Simple to install a couple of small round amber marker lights on each side of the tail light. Add a single pole, double through, center off switch to my circuit box, fed off the flasher and I'm home free.

Neat flashers augi, Those look really bright and should get motorists attention really easy. You'd just have to find a good handlebar mounted signal/light/horn switch to go with it. I know you were thinking an air horn because they're loud but if you're already running a 12v sla system why dont you just get a 12v horn for a motorcycle and just mount it flush inside your battery box with some holes drilled to let the sound out? Having a compressor and separate battery sounds like a waste of weight and space on a bike. If a certain horn works well for a motorcycle surely it would work well with a motored bike. Check this site out they have tons of good stuff for all the electric pieces on our bikes including connectors, batteries, switches, power gauges, keyswitches (think keyed killswitch:) lights and levers with brake switches. Keep up the good work sir and make motored bikers safe everywhere!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
kerf: i read somewhere...a site devoted to led's...thermal flashers may not work with led's...anyone know more?

kerf: i read somewhere...a site devoted to led's...thermal flashers may not work with led's...anyone know more?

They make flashers specifically for LED lights as most people fitting their cars with them will get hyperflashing or no flash at all with standard flashers.
check http://www.superbrightleds.com/flashers.htm or some 12v led marker lights designed as directionals have the hardware built right in. The ones at that link would probably be better for running multiple flashing lights in sync whereas lights with built in flashers would be better suited to rear-only signals.

Thanks again Augi for this thread- Did you happen to draw up a simple wiring diagram by chance? Would love to see it if you did...
Rif

ok, so l've been brain storming this lighting situation, and may have a decent solution. l have a 12volt generator mounted to my bike. l can run it directly to my lights, but the light will only work when i am riding(20watt halogen light)
my main goal here is to get some kind of charging regulator so l can hookup the generator to a battery and then to my lights. so, l don't have to remove my battery to charge it. l need some help with this as l dont know which type of charging regulator to buy. l figured someone here can help me out!!!!
your in put would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg