12v rectifier for lights

Also, the rectifier above may have too high of an input requirement. With LEDs lights you would be better off with something like
this.
i ended up buying a $45 kit from ebay that comes with a "super charger", a mini gen, and a 12v light. i might eventually change some stuff out and add a battery but if its on while the bike is running, i might not want to jack with it

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah thats it, I'm making a mount for the light so it'll look like an actual moped headlight.

I'll give updates on how it turns out, should get it done by the end of this month as I already have a lot on my hands at the moment

would this work between an ebay 12v charging coil and a battery? If not whats the right thing to use? I have no clue on electronics, I'm trying to learn.
I looked for solar charged battery packs and lights but the lights are all pretty small or weird shaped and solar is just as expensive. A charging coil, battery, and rectifier will be around $50 anyways

This is currently what else I'll use for the build

Does everything look good? I'll add a fuse box too. What should I change if anything
get a cheap full bridge rectifier like on ebay, find the cheapest one. solder the inputs and outputs. nearly all rectifiers will handle 12 volts, just find one with the current spec. You can buy a 300 amps 200 volt rectifer for 20 bucks, lol, on ebay. Nevertheless, after the rectifier, feel free to add a capacitor to smooth the waveform. An inductor will also help, but is not required... An inductor will lag the current so its linear, a capacitor will lag the voltage so its also a straight line instead of choppy waves.

Use the formula to determine acceptable ripple voltage, ie, +/- waveform error from a straight line.
1615390712650.png

the formula f = frequency, C = capacitance, Vp = primary voltage, Vr = ripple, R = resistance if im not mistaken.

i am afraid the formulas for inductance in filtering are to complex and require advanced calculus. I am not sure i understand them. also you would need an inductance meter to measure it for the equations which nobody has. Maxwells laws?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back