12v rectifier for lights

Tanka

Local time
8:36 PM
would this work between an ebay 12v charging coil and a battery? If not whats the right thing to use? I have no clue on electronics, I'm trying to learn.
I looked for solar charged battery packs and lights but the lights are all pretty small or weird shaped and solar is just as expensive. A charging coil, battery, and rectifier will be around $50 anyways

This is currently what else I'll use for the build

Does everything look good? I'll add a fuse box too. What should I change if anything

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
While your mini gen can charge a 12v 1.2ah battery ( Mini Gen says to use their Mini charger) it will only be able to support 10 or 15 watts for lights
Mini Gen says to use their high powered LED lights.

Using that 35w headlight it will drain the battery dead The mini gen only can support 10w or 15w for lights and keep the battery charged

Check this out http://www.ebaystores.ca/WONDERFUL-CREATIONS-STORE look at their complete 12volt lighting kit.
I know it's very expensive but it will give you an Idea of what wattage LED lights they use with their Mini Gen

Last edited:
While your mini gen can charge a 12v 1.2ah battery ( Mini Gen says to use their Mini charger) it will only be able to support 10 or 15 watts for lights
Mini Gen says to use their high powered LED lights.

Using that 35w headlight it will drain the battery dead The mini gen only can support 10w or 15w for lights and keep the battery charged

Check this out http://www.ebaystores.ca/WONDERFUL-CREATIONS-STORE look at their complete 12volt lighting kit.
I know it's very expensive but it will give you an Idea of what wattage LED lights they use with their Mini Gen
i'll only use the light in the dark and when i ride in the day it'll charge the battery.

i might see if there's like, a cut off to detect when the battery gets too low

i'll only use the light in the dark and when i ride in the day it'll charge the battery.

i might see if there's like, a cut off to detect when the battery gets too low

Good luck with that. It's not gonna work like ya think it will with that 35w headlight
You'll know when the battery is low after 5 mins the headlight will be very dim

would this work between an ebay 12v charging coil and a battery? If not whats the right thing to use? I have no clue on electronics, I'm trying to learn.
I looked for solar charged battery packs and lights but the lights are all pretty small or weird shaped and solar is just as expensive. A charging coil, battery, and rectifier will be around $50 anyways

This is currently what else I'll use for the build

Does everything look good? I'll add a fuse box too. What should I change if anything
How will you mount that gi-normous headlight, lol?

I'm building a charging system on my 212cc engine and I'm using that same headlight bucket.
(The charging system is way different.)

The headlight mounting clamps are for larger-diameter motorcycle fork tubes, so that won't fit.
Even if they did, there's no room on the fork for the tubes to move up and down.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
How will you mount that gi-normous headlight, lol?

I'm building a charging system on my 212cc engine and I'm using that same headlight bucket.
(The charging system is way different.)

The headlight mounting clamps are for larger-diameter motorcycle fork tubes, so that won't fit.
Even if they did, there's no room on the fork for the tubes to move up and down.
okay, then i just won't use that headlight. i'll find a 10-20w then. i need something that's bright enough for me to ride at night safely

okay, then i just won't use that headlight. i'll find a 10-20w then. i need something that's bright enough for me to ride at night safely
This is what I use, I just plug it into my computer in the morning to recharge it.

What I did was use two muffler clamps on the frame's steerer tube.

Then make a U-shaped bracket to bolt onto the headlight and muffler clamps.

It loks stodgy, but works.

Later, I'll fab a better-looking bracket.

Also, the rectifier above may have too high of an input requirement. With LEDs lights you would be better off with something like
this.

Back