142f charger coil?

Hyratel

Local time
3:09 AM
I can find all sorts of mentions and parts for 2-stroke CDI "white wire accessory" and generator coil kits, but nothing for 4-stroke like the Huasheng 142f. putting a meter on the killswitch wires gives me 2.5v AC at idle, 3.7v revving. is there any way to pull power off the magneto during the exhaust/intake stroke, when the coil is just sitting there?

The standard 142F's electrical system simply isn't designed to power any accessories. If you want aux power, you'd have to run some type of a generator like a bottle genny, hub genny, or a rechargeable battery pack.

A while back there was a guy who wound up his own generator for use on the GXH50 and 142F, but he disappeared.

The standard 142F's electrical system simply isn't designed to power any accessories. If you want aux power, you'd have to run some type of a generator like a bottle genny, hub genny, or a rechargeable battery pack.

A while back there was a guy who wound up his own generator for use on the GXH50 and 142F, but he disappeared.
I think I found that thread and his videos on YT, but technical details are thin on the ground - the best I can find is 1000 turns and two-pole core. I'm wondering if a single speed shaded-pole motor stator ground down to fit close on the rotor would work

does anybody have pics of the underside of the 142f flywheel and the space behind it on the engine block? I'm wondering if there may be room for a 2-pole generic stator and necessary mounting holes

I'm a skinny dude, and the 142 has power to spare, especially at top end. I still have room in the throttle at high cruise. and sapping 20-30W off a 1500W engine isnt even enough to notice, especially compared to the mechanical drag of a wheel dynamo. wheel dynamos are also only rated around 0.5A, 6 or 12v, voltage RPM-dependent . a full AC-DC Buck/Boost regulator on a pulse alternator will potentially give a lot more juice at run or idle. you might need to up the idle screw setting a touch but it won't be much

Back