142f engine Starts and clutch engages

NFamusStylez

Local time
4:19 AM
I have a brand new 142f engine kit I just installed and there was a some sort of problem that I can’t figure out. As soon as I start the engine it’s seems as if it is getting throttle and the clutch engages and wheel spins very fast and this is on choke and with choke of it gets even faster. I can’t even take it off the kickstand because it will run away. Also it is running so hard that it gets extremely hot instantly. Please help not sure what is wrong. Also I don’t think the back wheel is spinning freely as it should be

Attachments

• A6CF0612-E0F5-43EC-BA6D-A034297C2EC7.jpeg
    A6CF0612-E0F5-43EC-BA6D-A034297C2EC7.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 144
Either the idle is set too high or the throttle cable may not be installed properly. make sure the little nub on the throttle cable is fully seated inside the carburetor

I tried with cable removed and it would not stay running or idle without giving it some gas. Also no matter how low I turn idle down the clutch still engages and turns the back wheel. Not sure what could be wrong. Also while running it is very loud and shaking

With the rear wheel off the ground and the engine at idle the centrifugal clutch will engage and turn the back wheel.

Put the rear wheel on the ground and how does the engine idle?

I tried with cable removed and it would not stay running or idle without giving it some gas. Also no matter how low I turn idle down the clutch still engages and turns the back wheel. Not sure what could be wrong. Also while running it is very loud and shaking
Okay, you have a tuning issue. The cable is too tight by this statement. Without the cable hooked up, start the engine and adjust the idle until it stays running. Then add the cable and make sure the throttle position doesn't change from when it was idling. You might have to play with the grip and the carb connection.

There has to be a batch/batches of defective clutches going on with the 4 stroke kits. You are the 3rd or 4th person having problems with that. For me the steel ring on the pulley fell off and the bushing seized. No clutch issues yet except the screw that holds the one pad came loose.

Back