150 miles in 2 days

S

Simonator

Yep, I did it. I put on 150 miles between saturday evening and this evening (monday). I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I made a trip to Grand Haven, MI on saturday evening to visit My brother. He lives right by the lake shore of Lake Michigan. I rode around out there a little bit while I was there. Today I left my brothers, then I cruised Down to Holland, MI. When I got there, I went swimming in Lake Michigan for a few minutes. I couldn't stand being in for very long. The water temp was in the 50's (F). Then I came home. I had no problems at all. I made this trip on my Moondog with a 70cc Happy Time. It was a fun weekend! :)

awesome

congrats dude... I just posted a new thread in the Lets Ride! section, asking about folk's longest rides and conditions. I am interested in taking my bike on some long hauls. It is in the mail right now, and the engine gets ordered next week. I am excited. How long have you had yours together?

congrats dude... I just posted a new thread in the Lets Ride! section, asking about folk's longest rides and conditions. I am interested in taking my bike on some long hauls. It is in the mail right now, and the engine gets ordered next week. I am excited. How long have you had yours together?

I built my current bike in March. The original 70cc engine I had on it only lasted about 2 months before the wrist pin bearing completely worn out. I blame it on a crappy seal between the air filter and the carb. It was snowing or raining all the time. Water and slush was always being sprayed up on the engine. When I removed the air filter from the carb, I noticed a bunch of dirt made it past the air filter. I put probably a couple thousand miles on the first engine. I didn't have an odometer at the time. I replaced the engine on June 1st. Between June 1st and now, I put about 2,200 miles on the motor. It is still running strong.

I am glad that you got back on the horse, so to speak. once you got that power lust up in ya, a normal bike wouldn't do it for ya anymore, would it? haha :)

Nice to hear the HT is treating you well Simon. Keep it up with the long rides winter will be here before you know it :(

Nice to hear the HT is treating you well Simon. Keep it up with the long rides winter will be here before you know it :(

That is one reason I made the trip. I am trying to enjoy myself before winter. I won't be going very far from home in the winter. Winter sucks!

wow

Thats outstanding good bike building
I am aimiing to do a commute tomorrow morning work is 25 miles each way but the Tanaka has a gallon through it now and i have seen just over 40 a couple times so we will see
Royz

Between June 1st and now, I put about 2,200 miles on the motor. It is still running strong.

That is very impressive!! I got my e-zip at about the same time and ride 12 mi./day to work and back and I only have about 1/3 of that.
I want to add some sort or gasser to it for long trips.

Last edited:
Waylow, here is some pics. garmin 200 gps.

Attachments

• !cid_media1.jpg
    !cid_media1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 348
  • 07-06-08_2230.jpg
    07-06-08_2230.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 07-06-08_2238.jpg
    07-06-08_2238.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 08-06-08_1651.jpg
    08-06-08_1651.jpg