$16 38t disc sprocket?

eleseur96020

Local time
6:14 PM
while browsing pocketbikeparts.com i came across a 38t sprocket with a six hole mounting pattern. I used to have a bike with disc brakes but it was stolen :( Can anyone confirm/deny if this sprocket could me mounted to a disc hub? Image attached

Attachments

• FSSP300770-2.jpg
    FSSP300770-2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 350
What is the offset of the sprocket. If you look at where the disc hub is, wouldnt that put your chain alignment way off? Andy from Kings sales and Service makes "tophats", sprocket adapters that bolt to disc hub, and sprocket, to "move" the sprocket inward toward the wheel, for alignment issues.

i don't think you understand how i want to apply this. I would just bolt it on to a disc hub. Meaning the sprocket would be attached to the hub, or through spacers (washers) be attached but farther away from the hub. It is a six hole pattern so i do not understand why i would need the tophat. All i wanted to know is if the spacing was right to where i could directly mount the sprocket to the hub.

The spacing and the opening are the same as the rotors on my mountain bike. I think though, if you are using a chinese in frame engine, you are going to find that when you bolt this sprocket onto your hub, because the hub is so far away from the spokes (where the sprocket needs to be to have the chain in alignment) you wont be able to keep the chain on the sprocket. The tophat adapter spaces the sprocket in towards the stock mounting location, but only works with the stock 9 hole sprocket.

The only other thing the bolt holes might be quite a bit larger than a disc rotor since the sprocket is for a pocketbike, and what chain size is it for?

Last edited:
ok, i think i understand what you are trying to say, it would be too far out because its not right up against the spokes. Oh well, maybe someone with a rear mounted chain drive could find a use for it.

Back